“Amazing holiday”

SilverStar Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: SilverStar Mountain Resort is nestled in B.C.'s spectacular Okanagan Valley, only one hour from Kelowna International Airport (YLW). Skiers and riders come from around the world for the quaint and colourful village, and a vast mountain offering terrain for all. Silver Star offers Canada's only all-inclusive lift ticket and season pass. My1Pass is your ticket to more than 3,000 acres of groomed cruisers and deep powder, Nordic and snow shoe trails, Brewer's Pond and Tube Town. With fine dining, lively bars and unique shopping, SilverStar Mountain Resort is the best winter vacation in B.C.!
St Ives, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Amazing holiday”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had the most wonderful holiday here at silver star mountain resort with friends. Absolutely stunning scenery, lots of great activities to do. Also loved being out on our balcony when it was heavily snowing whilst in a lovely hot Jacuzzi looking out into the mountains. I can't wait to come back, this time with my family.
This was my first time skiing, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought the instructors were fantastic teaching me the basics and boosting my confidence. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2013

Newquay, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Silver Star.. attractive, friendly, great snow and magic times!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is our second time out to Silver Star and on both occasions we have had a great family experience. This year we stayed at Snow Bird which makes life a lot easier.. it's ski to the door, has great facilities (including a cinema, gym and boot room).. its also warm. The main square is only a few steps away so you always feel part of the action.
We were very lucky with the snow.. in the weeks leading up to out holiday the rest had hard packed snow but the heavens opened on out arrival and we had powder everyday, ranging from a few Cm's to over 10cm.. we made some great tracks and if you get out early it really is a skiers paradise.
Already looking forward to coming back next year!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank RsDave
Edmonton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A new family tradition”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Our teenage girls and I spent two days skiing Silver Star this week, and were very impressed. The hill offers terrain for all skill levels, and isn't so large that we couldn't separate, and all find our way back to the village for lunch. Another plus for me was that the entire hill has cell coverage so we could stay in touch with each other. We stayed in Vernon rather than on the hill, but that wasn't an issue as it is only twenty minutes to the village from down town.

Visited April 2014
Calgary, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Best Ski Hill On Earth”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We've been to Silver Star one other time four years back, and the experience is like no other.
There is so much fun stuff to do here, it's also in the perfect location! Near enough to Vernon so that if you need something you can get there without driving half the day, but far enough so that the city lights and noise are unnoticeable.
4 years ago when our family came here we really enjoyed Tube Town, probably just as much as skiing! The pulley system is great, much better than at Panorama which, last time I was there you have to pull your tube up the hill. I strongly advise, as much as the staff say you won't need it, to wear a helmet at Tube Town however, you are going very fast and I saw a lady who got a minor concussion, she wasn't wearing a helmet. So do your kids a favor and lock a helmet on them and swallow the key.

The village is spectacular, it has such a friendly, colourful look to it and is just so inviting. There are little shops and places all over, and I love the fact I don't have to cook meals for everyone, there is a large variety of food being served all around the village.

We were staying at Snowbird Lodge, which we enjoyed a slight bit more than the Vance Creek Hotel we stayed at 4 years ago.
Snowbird to me is that best-of-the-best hotel at Silver Star, it has everything. Very comfortable, spacious, modern and quiet rooms, an epic view, a nice little movie theater and place to hang out on the 3rd floor, private hot tubs, friendly staff, ski lockers, and my favorite - ski in ski out.
However, that all comes at a price.
I was a little surprised Silver Star still didn't have a public pool however, most ski resorts do.

We got out on the hill the next morning, it was the week before spring break so the hill was virtually empty. If you could make plans to schedule your vacation here either a week before or a week after some big event or break, you could be saving yourself hours of waiting in line time.

My 7 year old brother and Mom are more beginners, mostly sticking to green and a few blues, while my dad and I are more advanced.

We skied down Easy Street as our first run, very fun beginner trail, there is some nice jump opportunities for those adventurous people out there as well along the right side. We then turned on to Aberdeen Skiway, (more sweet jumps on the left hand side) and got to the Comet Chair. I wish it was a law that chairlifts have foot rests, because after coming back from here and going to Nakiska, my legs were just dying from the weight of my skis.
My favorite runs on this hill would be Sundance, Bergerstrasse, Far Out, Easy Street, Aunt Gladys, and Whiskey Jack.
But what I think we did at least 10 times, my true number one favorite - Peanut Trail.
I wish every resort would have something like this, I enjoy it so much, if you want to try it out, I know it's a blue run but it's not that hard, just if you are a beginner stay out of those jumps that seem to dip into the ground, those throw you off easily. Maintain your speed though, I almost crashed into a tree the first time we did this run because I didn't do that. It's definetly a very fun run though.

I truly love everything about this ski hill, it's very hard to say anything bad about it, the only thing I despised about this vacation was the day we had to leave.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank ShadowBlade
New Westminster, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great for cross-country skiing and downhill”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have skied cross country at Silver Star and the nearby Sovereign Lake trails several times. The resort is very convenient for groups in which some want to cross-country ski and some want to downhill. There are several agencies renting fully equipped houses. Ours had room for 8 and was located close to the village. We could ski directly to the lifts or the Silver Star XC trails. It is about a 5 minute drive to the Sovereign Lake trails, which I prefer. The house cost $200 per night in March. Silver Star is smaller than some of its competitors-Whistler, Big White, Sun Peaks but it has a nice vibe. We ate in the pub one night and found the service fine but the food just so-so. I think it is the best choice for a cross-country skiing holiday in BC.

Visited March 2014