“A beautiful view and very good facilities”

Panorama Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Feusisberg
Zurich, Switzerland
“A beautiful view and very good facilities”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

It is a smart place and very well run (family-owned). It is not a pretty building to look at, but the view is amazing! We stayed in the oriental boutique room, which was fine, but is in need of some modernisation. Next time, I wouldn't pay up for this room anymore. The facilities (spa, swimming pool, sun loungers) are great in this hotel. Breakfast was even better and is available until 1pm. I would recommend this hotel, especially when the weather is nice and you can make full use of their facilities. One thing wasn't so great; there were lots of flies everywhere (also in the room).

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay up anymore for the oriental boutique room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

View is great, food was good, staff were ok-ish, but what is one of the main reasons for staying in a hotel? Sleep, and I had hardly any over two nights. The bedrooms are basic, with a single inch thick pillow on my double bed. With a large glass front to the whole hotel they act like a greenhouse and the room temperature was beyond unpleasant. When I asked for a fan on the second night I was told none were available and that I should open the door to my balcony. Oh yes, the balcony above the terrace with the drinks reception and lounge singer going on beyond midnight both nights!! Shame, but don't go in the summer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Chocmilk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I have stayed three times at the hotel in 2009 and 2010 and been twice for the day spa, lastly in November 2010 and can recommend it. Twice I have been with girl friends for a spa weekend, and twice with my partner for a romantic getaway.

The views across the lake are lovely, and the spa provides snacks all day so no need to buy lunch. The steam rooms are great, in summer you get afternoon sorbet by the pool side and in winter a free prosecco by the pool if you are around at the right time of day (I think 3ish). Free tea, coffee, water and apple juice also in the spa area all day.

The rooms are what you expect for a hotel of this nature, the standard which are a little bit dull, but comfortable and have lovely views. The Asian rooms are worth the extra money as they are more special and have the spa bath.

Staff are welcoming and although the restaurant decor was disappointing on my first visit, they have since upgraded the lower restaurant. Prices for wine and food are within the usual range for the Zurich area-expensive!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2011

What a lovely hotel, visually the hotel looks very impressive and provides great views from this high vantage point. Arriving late I went straight to the restaurant; the food was excellent and the service of a very high standard. I informed them that I had a wheat allergy and they quickly brought some gluten-free bread to have with my meal and provided the same for breakfast also. At breakfast the restaurant gives a stunning panoramic view of the lake.

I was too late to use the spa, but did have a walk around – definitely worth packing your swimming gear if you think you will have the time.

The bedrooms were large with plenty of room to work and a wireless internet connection. The bathroom was also very clean.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We didn't stay overnight but have had dinner in what was presented as a prestigious place. The experience started off with an amazing pricing of 16 Swiss francs for a Prosecco (NOT champagne!). We then went on to eat. When the trout was presented, I first thought it was a fish carpaccio (see picture). Plus the potatoes were like mashed.
The staff didn't seem to care when I had left the plate untouched and the chef who we called was completely ignorant to our comments. When he apologized, saying that we just had a bit of bad luck, it sounded more like a lesson to us.
Bottom line: there's just way too many good restaurants in the vicinity in order to spend a fortune at this place. Surely, this is never-go-again.

Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank i-love-zermatt
Reviewed 24 October 2010

My wife and I stayed a night here as a tatse of luxury before moving on to more basic fayre deeper into Switzerland - and we weren't disappointed!

Our room, an "Asia Junior Suite" was pretty good. Not exceptional, but a good size, with a great view north up to Zurich, and a large bathroom where the bath still had an integral view onto the lake. Clever stuff.

What we'd come for was the spa and fabled fantastic food, and both really impressed. The spa has got quite a few examples of various sauna types, a large group jacuzzi, a joined indoor/outdoor pool (with loads of water jets and bubbles for massaging those tired parts), various quiet and sleeping areas, and - best of all - a room where you can help yourself to a fantastic selection of tasty treats. Phew! I've been to a lot of top quality spas over Switzerland, and I think the Panorama offers the best all-round package.

Our evening meal was similarly impressive, both in taste, atmosphere and the right level of care and attention from the waiting staff. Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention the totally indulgent breakfast the next morning. I've never before enjoyed chocolate mousse for the first meal of the day, but when it's this good it'd be a shame not to.

Negatives? Well, although the view is amazing the actual location is really isolated. There is literally nothing around apart from fields and a few farms. The price isn't cheap either, but I do think it's worth it for special treats.

Overall, we both loved the Panorama and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcnally64
Switzerland
Reviewed 28 December 2009

We booked this hotel spontaneously for a spa weekend believing in its luxury on spa, rooms and restaurant and got rather disappointed on all levels. The standard room for which they charge you around 500 Swiss Francs per room and night, are very small, outdated with ugly blue carpets and gave me the feeling of a road side motel. The suites on the other hand (we paid more and upgraded to a junior suite) are quite nice but I must say I do travel a lot and I did not think they were exceptional either comparing to some other hotels that I have been for the same price level.

The spa area was rather OK in terms of selection and they have a lovely buffet with some bites to eat for the spa guests. At the time of booking though we were told the hotel was not booked out so much and we should find a comfortably quiet spa area. But the problem was that all treatments for that day were already booked out and nothing available for the day and some of them not even available the day after. The sauna and steam bath area is rather small with little room for relaxation. Since they allow day spa visitors as well, it was too crowded for my taste and my expectation from a luxury spa resort

Now the most disappointing factor was the felt arrogance of the management. They give you the impression they don’t need you there as a guest. I almost felt like we had to be grateful to be allowed to this place! Maybe somebody has to remind the hotel management that guests don’t have to spend their money and precious time at their hotel but the hotel has to deliver good service to their guests to make their living!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
6 Thank FT-2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feusisberg
Holiday Inn Schindellegi - Zurichsee
#1 of 1 in Ennetbuergen
Seerose Resort & Spa
Seerose Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Meisterschwanden

Been to Panorama Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!