“The best place to stay at Hervey Bay”

Coconut Palms on the Bay
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We having been going to Hervey Bay at least once a year for the last 6 years, and every time we stay at Coconut Palms. We love the feel of the rooms, great funiture, and King size Latex beds.
We always have a chat with Michelle and Nigel and made to feel very welcomed. Plus they now also have free Wi-Fi.

The location for us is perfect, across the road from the beach, a stroll away from Enzo's Cafe (the most amazing place to have a coffee and breakfast ON the beach, and it is good Segafredo coffee made well), plus good cheap restaurants. Try Paulo's Pizza.

And all this for just over $100/night, better than any Motel that will cost more.

We recommend Coconut Palms to everyone that goes to Hervey Bay.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the second floor if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I love this place. Very friendly and helpful owner. Showed us to our room and explained where things were and how things worked. A nice touch. The rooms were cute as. Tastefully decorated in balinese furniture. Much better than your average boring motel room. This felt like a home. Big comfy bed and pillows. Slept like a log. Flat screen tv. And the free wifi was a winner with my 11 year old. Great location directly across from the beach and a short walk to some great restaurants. Would defiantely recommend Coconut Palms on the Bay and will definately be staying here on our next trip to Hervey Bay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2012

my daughter and i came to stay for one night and i was very happy with the choice of accomodation i made, i was greeted by name, showen to my room which was beautifully decored in timber furniture and the room was very clean, great bed, great location, close to everything, the free waterpark up the road was a hit with my daughter, would definately stay again, a bit weird to take out my own rubbish in the morning, haven't had to do that before

Room Tip: ground level you don't have to do the stairs
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We were stranded in Hervey Bay because of floods and with no car we wanted somewhere well located so we could travel around on foot or by bus. Our expectations were not high when we first saw this place (classic mid 20th century fibro beach flats!) but we ended up finding it such a comfortable and enjoyable place to stay that we stayed twice as long as intended.

The flats have been updated and redecorated inside with money being spent where it counts, including on very comfortable latex mattresses. What makes Coconut Palms so special though is Mechelle, the owner. She is a great source of local information and money-savings tips and was very attentive to our needs. She gets my prize for the most guest-focused accommodation manager I have ever experienced in Australia.

We'll definitely book into Coconut Palms when we next go to Hervey Bay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We had a great stay over 4 nights. Nigel and Michelle were pleasant and helpful at every contact. On day 2 I went down to sort out the bill (we had a late arrival on a Friday night) and mentioned in passing that the bed was getting a bit down in the centre. Later that afternoon there was a knock at the door, "Hello," says Nigel, "Michelle reports the bed wasn't great and I have a new one to replace it." In all the places I have stayed (from 2** to 5**) I have never had service to that standard.

We have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and stayed in a family apartment, as I was slow getting around to booking and missed out on the 2 bedroom apartment. Despite this we had a fantastic stay. Its quiet at night, so great for sleeping littlies, has a good little pool which was clean and safe, and it is close to everything you might need. I was without a car for 2 days as my husband was working while we were there, but I found I didn't need one. The beach across the road is lovely and accessible, with some shady trees to put the gear under. The free council water park (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays outside of school holidays) is within easy walking distance, even for a 4 year old, and there are plenty of cafes and shops just down the road. I highly recommend the French Patisserie bakery, south of Coconut Palms, for genuine french baked delicacies and delicious pies. There is also a great play ground across the road and about 50 metres down.

The apartment was well appointed with attractive balinese themed furniture and a flat screen TV in both rooms. The family apartment does not have a living area separate to the bedrooms but we didn't have any trouble with this, in fact it was a blessing in disguise to have a TV for the 4 year old occasionally when it was raining. Both TV's had DVD players and Nigel and Michelle had a great selection of kids and grown up's movies that we borrowed. The kitchen in the apartment we are in is ear-marked for an upgrade, despite this it was clean and tidy with all appliances and facilities needed to self cater. The bathroom was large and freshly tiled, not extravagant but clean, fresh and suitable for a family with small children. The laundry is downstairs and machines cost $3 to use, a small inconvenience but to be expected when the accommodation is otherwise such amazing value.

I couldn't recommend this accommodation more highly. I was so impressed and wish that everywhere that I stayed could match the standard set by Nigel and Michelle.

Room Tip: Most rooms are fully updated with new kitchens and bathrooms. I liked our family apartment which had...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights & could not have been happier. Our stylish accommodation consisted of a king size room (really really comfortable bed) bathroom with large shower, kitchen/diner with all the equipment you could need, lounge area with TV & comfy seating. All was spotlessly clean as was the pool & balcony areas. If you had a car there was space under cover to park. There were electronic gates & the pedestrian gate was locked every night so we felt very safe. Michelle & Nigel were very helpful & wonderful hosts. The accommodation was right opposite the beach & in the heart of Scarness with plenty of restaurants & cafes to choose from. Whilst there we visited Fraser Island & Lady Elliot Island both of which Michelle & Nigel organised for us. Everything was perfect & I'm glad we chose to stay at Coconut Palms. We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The room was lovely and very clean (i am fussy). Latex bed was sooo comfy. Kitchen was very well appointed. Staff were very helpful and well informed. Pool was spotless. Great location across road from beach, and a very easy stroll to cafes etc.Secure parking. Walking along the promenade,I noticed the other apartments nearby looked very dingy and 80's peach floral. I would recommend Coconut Palms definately.

Room Tip: the Esplanade is a busy road, so a back room would be better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarness
Hervey Bay Colonial Lodge
Eden by the Bay
Eden by the Bay
#14 of 53 in Hervey Bay
Palm Court Holiday Apartments

Been to Coconut Palms on the Bay? Share your experiences!