“A really good hotel”

Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Meyrin
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I´ve stayed here twenty or so times during couple of last years. I try to use this hotel when visiting Geneva cause its location is really good for me. I also really much like this hotels service, rooms, breakfast and especially its gym. Everything has always worked well and I have only positive things to say about Moevenpick Geneva.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Moevenpick_GVA, Directeur général at Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Espoo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments further to your stay with us. I particularly appreciate this direct feedback which is either a motivation or a great help to improve our service to our client

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I only stayed one night and did not use the bar or restaurant.
Checkin, checkout and room service all friendly and efficient.
Efficient, free shuttle for the 5 minute trip from the airport. My flight was delayed to midnight but the shuttle was there waiting for me. Impressive.
8.5 franks for a small beer seemed expensive but i'm not used to swiss prices

Dear EFOD,

Rest assured that your comments on the Shuttle will be passed on

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Given the unpromising location, between Geneva airport and an urban motorway, it was a bit surprising to enjoy six nights at the Mövenpick. The excellent staff are perhaps the key to the good atmosphere. A mix up with my booking was sorted out smoothly and efficiently at check in and the concierge took time to assist with printing my boarding pass when I checked out. In between, the breakfast waiters and waitresses were all smiles and "bonjours"! The room I stayed in was large, comfortable and well equipped. And from the gym on the 14th floor there are good views of the airport and the motorway... Furthermore, as other reviewers have noted and although there's an airport shuttle, access is also possible on foot. The trams to the city centre leave from a stop about 3-4 minutes from the hotel and there are "transport publics genevois" (TPG) bus stops nearby too. Free TPG passes are issued to all guests. Highly recommended.

Dear Ienemike,

Rest assured that your comments on the service of our concierge, front desk and restaurant staff will be passed on

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I use to stay in Moevenpick and I will continue...everything is perfect.
I really appreciate the way that every employee do is work. Everything is done in order to simplify the client life. They notice your habits and make it happen.

Dear Iba D,

Your comments on habits noted and making guest life as easy as possible are a perfect illustration of our corporate concept calle "Natural enjoyment"

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were exhausted as we pulled into the hotel. We were immediately greeted by a porter who grabbed our bags and ushered us to reception. From that moment on, we didn't have a care in the world. Our every need was met. Our bags were taken to the room and we were given information about the bar and restaurants in the hotel. We started at the bar with a suggested wine and tapas and sat, relaxed and listened to a wonderful pianist/vocalist. We were very tired so we decided on the Latitudes restaurant rather than the Japanese restaurant. The Latitude had a great diverse menu, well attended staff and good food. All in all, a great night for us...our last night in Switzerland. The next morning, we took the shuttle and, again, the porter and driver helped us with all our needs.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Frankiepd,

Your comment on overall staff service will be passed on and will be appreciated

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here whilst running a five day leadership course and found the hotel extremely comfortable and enjoyable. In most airport hotels the high guest turnover makes them a little matter-of-fact, but not this one. Movenpick Geneva describes itself as 'passionaitely swiss' - bit of an oxymoron really - two words that not often used to together - precisely Swiss might be a more apt expression. Everything was a 100% spot on. Rooms are great and spacious (Go for a deluxe room if you can on the city side not the airport side), good bathrooms and excellent gym. Lots of little touches - the free chocs at check-in, delicious breakfast, superb staff. For example, the shower head was turned to the wall every time so it does not blast cold water at you when you first turn it on!

I was even given free bus and tram card to get into the city with (Tram stop about 10 min walk)

Recommended.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room if you can on the city side not the airport side), good bathrooms and make sur...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have 2 friends I visit near Geneva, one in Lausanne, one in Cessy France. I wanted to stay the last night in an airport hotel because I had a 7:30 am flight out the next day. I looked online and chose the Movenpick, 1 km from the airport with free shuttle. Boy was I glad I did. I took the train to the airport from Lausanne, hopped on the Movenpick shuttle right outside at 9 am, was given my room immediately, a cause for delight in itself. Free wifi, nice room with extremely comfortable bed, what more do I want? I spent the day in Geneva and the next morning 5:30 shuttle to airport. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes. There are all sorts of little extras at the hotel too, like croissants and coffee while waiting for shuttle. I found this hotel so reasonable priced and good that I just might stay there every time, it is so easy to get into Geneva from there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meyrin
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex
NH Geneva Airport
#2 of 2 in Meyrin
ibis Geneve Centre Nations
Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva

Been to Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva? Share your experiences!