“Bad bad bad service”

NH Geneva Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Meyrin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 October 2012

NH Hotel Geneva Airport looks good and would not be bad if the management would care for the guests. I had prepaid my room but needed to get my credit card swiped to guarantee eventual consumptions. I refused. I didn't get the key to my room in spite of having paid for it. The frontdesk lady said that they virtually trusted nobody... Imagine and the guest who prepays must trust NH Hotels Geneva on their word. Anyway they found a solution. I had to sign my prepayment slip and after that was done the front desk manager told me that this signature would allow them to cash my prepayment for a second time and hence they had now the gurantee they wanted. That's cheating, that's fraud and I told them so. At long last we got to our room. Overheated. We signalled that and when we came back to the room after dinner (strictly outside NH Hotel) they had repaired the overheating by opening the window.... I complained and got a better (quite nice) room. The plumbing was not working: the shower head was clogged and dripped rather than ran water. The sink was clogged as well and did not drain. Bad experience. I complained to the manager of the hotel by email and he/she never reacted. In short NH Hotels Geneva Airport don't give a damn about their performance. NEVER again. I go now to Holiday Inn in Thoiry, slightly further away from the airport but MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for NH Geneva Airport

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed here the night before my flight. The rooms were awesome, with the exception no wifi in the rooms. Even though right by the airport, got an awesome nights sleep. Bathroom well appointed, robes and slippers, mini bar, coffee/tea in-room. LOVELY!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Wasnt expecting a lot having read some negative reviews before arriving. However, the staff were brilliant, the service was superb and we had a lovely room which was compact but very comfortable. Excellent breakfast buffet style with wide selection to fill you up for the day!. We also enjoyed an evening meal which was very satisfying. The airport shuffle is very reliable every 20min and you get free travel in the city. Just catch a tram around the corner and explore the delights of this interesting city. Dining out can be expensive but shop around. Enjoy the delights of the old town and spend an afternoon in the market area of Carouge. This hotel is right next to the airport and is still quiet and very relaxing. Thoroughly recommended value for money!. Dave & Jannie

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 29 October 2012

NH at Geneva Airport is a very acceptable Airport Hotel and the restaurant food is also quite good even though choice is limited and it is somewhat expensive. The rooms with flight path views would be my preference.

Room Tip: Depends on whether one wishes to see flight path or not. My preference is always flight path as I ne...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The NH Geneva Airport is a wonderful property that is well priced and offers more amenities than other airport locations. The hotel is well located to GVA and offers a complimentary shuttle, though certain early morning depatures may require a taxi. The staff is knowlegable and helpful with flight and departure information. There are computers located in the lobby to assist with flight check-in and boarding passes. The are also ample meeting rooms for congresses/meetings. The restuarant is quite large and offers a complimentary breakfast...again, early departures may not qualify. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. There is aircraft noise, but not late at night, so sleeping is not a problem. Beds and linens are fresh and very comfortable. Room service is high quality, but has a limited menu and seems a bit pricey. I would absolutely stay at this location again for a stop in Geneva and would highly recommend it for business travelers. There is also convenient and complimentary shuttle to the airport for a conncection to the trains to get to downtown Geneva or other parts of Switzerland.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The hotel is perfectly located if you need to stay in the Airport area, a free shuttle will take you every 20minutes to the Airport. Rooms are nice, mattress very comfortable with even a pillow menu available in case of allergy. I totally recommend this hotel for business trips as it was my case

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank MaryWhite85
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have never written a review ever on any website. This is an honest review. I am frequent traveler and have stayed at my share of premier hotels. This hotel however is the bottom of barrel.

I have never seen literal bugs crawling in a bed before. There were big ones as well as small ones. The hotel's minimalistic attitude is not even my concern. If I was from this country i would've taken the time to notify the local board of health.

In fact the hotel was surprised that in "this" room I found bugs. Evidently they have had this issue prior but not in this room. Stay at your own risk !!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
7  Thank AnonymousAmerican
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meyrin
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex
Pâquis Navigation
Novotel Geneve Centre
Novotel Geneve Centre
#40 of 106 in Geneva

Been to NH Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about NH Geneva Airport

Address: avenue de Mategnin 21, Meyrin, Geneva 1217, Switzerland (Formerly Movenpick / Tulip Inn)
Region: Switzerland > Canton of Geneva > Geneva > Meyrin
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Meyrin
Price Range: £72 - £298 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — NH Geneva Airport 4*
Located right next to the Geneva Airport, the NH Geneva Airport hotel is perfect for business and pleasure travel to the world-renown city of Geneva. Our guests benefit from the hotel's comfortable and relaxing atmosphere with its modern and elegant design, numerous services, and free shuttle service to and from the airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, NHHotels, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your NH Geneva Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nh Geneva Airport Hotel Geneva