“Incredibly average stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Incredibly average stay”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A very average hotel in a poor location that provides no memorable features or experience for equivalent business hotel options. Staff are friendly and room service edible, however, the "free" wifi is so constrained that it does not allow for normal use and the premium option is required. Breakfast is extremely over priced, and room rate is excessive. Bus transfers to the airport are limited to one every 20 mins.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

there

We have just checked into the hotel now and is very not happy with the experience. We had our flight delayed therefore we had to stay a night in GENEVA. We have chosen to come to NH as we are a card member and have had great experience with NH before.

However, I tried to booked on the NH app which did not work. Then I booked on the website and have received the confirmation. When I arrived at the hotel I said I have made a booking and then Raad asked for the passport. My boyfriend was paying so he gave the passport and credit card.

Then I asked if I could use my NH card he said no because he booked under my boyfriend's name. Which was weird because I could use it before.

Later on, we wanted to double check why we couldn't use my NH card as we have booked already and I have stated in the comment that I couldn't book with the app. He said he could not find any of my reservation.

We did not like his attitude and has spoiled our night and our impression for NH hotel.

I would greatly appreciate if our points could be added. ( emails have been sent to NH)

Secondly, the house keeping or whoever that picked up the 508 call, is very rude.

The brochure stated in the room clearly said : in case you need slippers, please contact the reception (t 508) . Service for free.

The person who picked up the phone were so rude and said I TOLD YOU WE DONT HAVE SLIPPERS. They are only for people staying in non- standard room .

The other nh I have been to all provide free slippers , this nh is too off the standards. They even said DO YOU NEED PILLOWS NOW ?? When we asked for a pillow.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jen80811

Travellers are raving about these Meyrin hotels

Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The multi-lingual staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet had a lot of good options to choose from and the location was close to CERN via tram. The standard room and bathroom has a nice modern look however, the room had a a very weak air-conditioner making it a bit warmer than I would of liked.

Be sure to ask for the free Geneva Transport card which allows tourists to travel through Geneva's public transportation system for free.

Overall, it's not too bad considering the pricey alternatives in Geneva. I would choose this hotel if I plan to visit CERN again. For visiting Geneva in general, maybe I'll try somewhere closer to the city center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Varnamo, Sweden
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very nice hotel, clean and good service. Good to have include a free ticket for public transportation and close to a tram-station. Good food, very nice restaurant! Convenient to have shuttle-service from the airport. The only bad thing was that we where unlucky with the shuttle, we had to wait 45 minutes, they should go every 20 minutes. But to the airport the shuttle was on the minute and that was more important...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I generally don't have high expectations of airport hotels, they are generally places to kip down for a night in transit. We spent two nights here as we thought we'd take the opportunity to have a look at Geneva while passing through.
The hotel is located in a commercial area - this turned out to be quite convenient as my wife picked up a couple of things she wanted from the large MediaMart nearby.
The airport hotel bus is free and runs every 20 minutes.
Reception were friendly and polite.
There is a direct tram line in to the city about 10 minutes walk away. The ride takes about 25 minutes. Reception provided us with a free public transport pass for our couple of days in Geneva - big plus for that.
The junior suite was large and comfortable. Very quiet (apart from the air conditioner).

Now for the negatives:
* breakfast is ridiculously overpriced - it would have cost about $70 for the two of us. We made up our own breakfast in our room.
* the airconditioner was noisy. And the ac controls didn't seem to do anything (this seems to me to be quite common in hotel rooms everywhere - controls that don't actually change the temperature).
* Awful marshmallow pillows. Didn't help my sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel was very convenient for us because we were flying out of Geneva. There is a free shuttle to/from the airport/train station. There aren't restaurants in the immediate area (other than at the train station), but the trams to town are within walking distance. We happened to be upgraded to a junior suite, which was very nice. It was very clean, and it was a good value compared to most other hotels in the city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Great location, nice rooms and clean property. We had a business dinner nearby and flew out early the next morning.
Early / late Shuttle service to airport, 10 minutes away.
Complimentary coffe, juice and crescent rolls before restaurant opened.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meyrin
Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex
ibis Geneve Centre Nations
Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel
Hotel N'vY
Hotel N'vY
#14 of 105 in Geneva

Been to NH Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!