“One of the best Indian restaurants in town!”
Review of Nirvana

Nirvana
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Meyrin
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I'm honestly shocked to find scatching reviews below. I recently had dinner there and absolutely loved everything from start to finish. I began with a Nirvana cocktail which was sweet and sumptuous & dal soup as a starter. I would've preferred the soup have whole lentils in them but they were completely pureed. The samosa starters were great mainly because of the 3 sauces it came with & the diversity of flavors they provided. I had the gambas as the main, which was beautifully presented and insanely humongous. I thought the presentation, flavors & quality were top-notch.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am Indian so I have been eating Indian food all my life. I travel extensively and I haven eaten Indian food in 20 different countries as well. This by far is the WORST indian food ever. Two of the dishes were rotten and stale that included the over fermented smelly bread. When we complained they took back the bad items and gave us back the replacement, those were no different, it seems they have us back the same rotten curries. Shame on the restaurant, every one in our group went home hungry.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The restaurant is nicely decorated I have been happy with the food there, though it is quite expensive. I would rate it higher were it not for the detached, and sometimes stroppy, service that I've experienced there. I have been there for lunch a few times, but the service is so slow that it's impossible to fit it into your lunch break. The last time I was there we had to leave before we had been served dessert from the menu midi (we had been there almost two hours by this stage), but we were offered no apology or reduction in the bill. Another thing I find almost sneaky is that the menu includes a naan bread in the price, but if there are two of you they will bring you only one (small) one to *share*. That's not specified on the menu (what are they going to do if you're just one person? Bring you half a naan?). Overall if you have a couple of hours to kill and don't generally get annoyed at rude servers then I'd say go for it. Otherwise there are much nicer Indian restaurants in nearby Ferney.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We as Indians were missing some taste of homeland and visited it, thinking let's eat there even though it is expensive, but the food was not good, especially the Dal, and when we asked for tap water he straight opened an Evian and poured it, and the after the bottle was finished another waiter asks if we want more and fills the same with tap water and brings it, and we get charged for 2 Evian bottles costing 15 chf, which we argue and refuse to pay. The staff is disinterested and bored. Enter with caution!!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Terribly overpriced for what it was. We had bought the 1/2 price voucher and had reserved for Saturday night, but couldn't make it. When we called to push it back to Sunday, we were told that it was ok to do Sunday lunch, despite the fact that the voucher said "dinner only". Once there, we had to explain the same thing to our waiter, who seemed to agree reluctantly. Since it was Sunday at noon, we ordered verbena infusions (5 CHF).
We thought the starter was decent -samosa, salad, onion fritters and a type of falafel patty. Then, 2 of the dishes in the main course were decent (fresh-looking stir-fried vegetables and dahl), but the palak paneer and the other unidentifiable creamy curry-like but plasticky-tasting substance were greasy and seemed reheated. The cheese naan was decent, although I could have done without more cheese after the cheesy spinach palak paneer and the other creamy thing.
I was about to refuse dessert when it came: one single semolina cake for 2 of us, and one ball each of Gulab Jamun. I thought, maybe I'll take a bite of the latter...when I noticed something black and wriggling on the dish. In fact, several black wriggly things stuck in the syrup. The plate was covered with ants! I told the waiter and ran to the bathroom, I thought I was going to vomit. When I came back, he apologized and tried to serve us a second one. We refused and got up to leave. As we did, he brought over our tab for 10 CHF (2 verbena infusions). Seriously? You want us to pay 10 Francs for ants in our dessert? I would NEVER go back!!!

2  Thank jenfo99