Open today: 10:00 - 17:00

More Info
from US$313.40
More Info
3,354 results
All reviews private residence the swedish royal family versailles ferry century sek
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2019

I have been to Drottningholm several times over the years. If the weather obliges, the gardens are superb and free of charge. On this occasion however, we decided to do the lot....House, Chinese Pavilion and Theatre. Getting there for the first English tour proved well worth the effort. We effectively had a private tour as we were the only people wanting a guide. Annette....our guide....was excellent; it really makes a big difference having a guide. By midday, the boats and coaches were starting to arrive, but in May the grounds can easily absorb the numbers and the environment is very relaxing. The theatre is really quite unique and well worth a visit. But get there well before the time to make sure you get a place on the tour. Even the shops ooze quality in their selection of goods. Personally I would take the tube to Brommaplan and then a bus; I think the boat is a bit expensive and that better boat trips are available elsewhere.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank Me N
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

Visited the gardens (free entry) which were slowly waking up to the spring. Excellent views and vibe, nice spots for a picnic, and cute ducklings. If coming from central Stockholm catch the Green Line metro to Brommaplan and then change to one of the many buses that serve Drottningholm- very simple.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 4 May 2019

Drottingolm palace ist beautiful what about the apartments or the garden. If you go there, plan your trip to go to old theather as it is one of 2 existing original theather togerher with that one in Cesky Krumlov where still the theather plays. I loved the way delegate spoke about the theatre history. I really loved it and would like to tell him THANK YOU for this historical moment I have had with

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 25 April 2019

Impressive Swedish landmark. Really pleasant to stroll around, and drink in the history. All signs are in English, and explain what you are looking at. The on-site cafe is very popular and excellent quality. (But Swedish prices!). Take care the boat trip back to Stockholm centre isn’t every day Friday/Saturday only. We waited for ages before someone told us!!

Date of experience: April 2019
3  Thank Roger O
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

I’ve visited only two royal palace when I visited Europe and this is really a charming palace. I was enamored with the details! A must visit.

Date of experience: May 2018