Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
The perfect venue for a grand day out.

We just love our visits, to Beamish. It's a journey back in time , bring yester years site's and... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Julie T
via mobile
Beamish Museum

Excellent place. We take part in this in the April show. Everything is available to get up close... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Sally W

6,871 results
All reviews sweet shop fish and chips pit village trams and buses coal mine all ages step back in time old school co op drift mine living museum period costume different areas yearly pass open air museum manor house the pub
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is definitely worth a visit with the family. There is plenty to see, do and explore. We loved the village and that you can walk freely, buy items and have an old style photograph taken. Great transport for all the family especially the children who loved the trams and old fashioned buses.
The chips from the chip shop are well worth the wait - I haven’t had chips like those for over 20 years.
We will be returning!!

Date of experience: December 2018
2  Thank liketraveluk
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Can’t speak highly enough of this wonderful Museum which takes you back in time. We had a beautiful day although very cold but can’t wait to go back in the summer and do a lot of walking. The trams and buses were amazing. Looking forward to seeing their new 1950s site which will be opening soon.

1  Thank elainehay
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What an absolute terrible idea at the end of the Panto putting a display of lollipops in an open container on the floor just as the families were about to leave the Masonic Hall. All the very young children couldn’t help but notice them and wanted to dip their hand in to take one, only for their parents to be told they were selling them at 10 pence each! It was wrong on several counts. The main one being that toddlers and older kids, can choke on these lollies. Charging for the privilege of having their child choke would stick in many parents’ throats too! The lollies were in a tin on the floor, screaming “Take me take me” to the little kids who couldn’t help but notice them. When parents sensibly chose to say “No” to their little ones, tears rolled down some of their beautiful faces, followed by tantrums outside as the parents bundled them out. The positioning of the lollies hampered people leaving the building. This is a safety issue. PLEASE Beamish bear this in mind, for future events.

1  Thank Frankbern
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Words can not express how we felt about our day at Beamish. What an excellent day out.

The passes you pay for last for 12 months and you need them to see the whole site.

The cleanliness, attention to details of the properties and staff who not only dress in clothing to suit the era in the different areas but also act very well

The transport arround the site is perfect and very regular although you are able to walk everywhere safely.

With a new 1950s area being built this will improve the enjoyment of the visit even more

Thankyou Beamish Museum and all the staff

Well done. And keep up the good work.

1  Thank Sjf19
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I dont normally take the time to review places I visit however today I felt it absolutely necessary. I have visited Beamish many times in my life and it just continues to get even better. Today one gentleman (an emoloyee) really stood out and made our visit all the more spectacular - unfortunately we didn't catch his name. He was working in the old mine at approximately 1130am (6th Jan 19) - he was one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever come across, extremely passionate, enthusiastic, He had an infectious personality and he was just a joy to be around. He really is an asset to your company and I hope he receives this message - thank you.

1  Thank Sairabrown