I stayed there during a buisness trip this week. The hotel itself is very nice in impressive grounds. I was given a first floor room somewhere near the middle of the building which ended up being a bit of a treck up and down stairs and through corridors!
The room was huge, with a good level of decor and furniture etc. Plenty of teas, coffees, milks etc with the kettle and a decent iron and ironing board in the wardrobe (which is always good if you have shirts that look like mine when they come out of a suitcase).
Went to the stables bar for dinner and a drink which was excellent!
The only couple of things i would mention is that the bed was too soft for my liking and the heating got a bit noisy in the night but other from that, no worries!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel Durham