My wife and I had a winter nights stay including a visit round the hotels micro brewery. All staff are first class helpful and very friendly. We especially enjoyed the visit round the micro brewery including a tasting session at the end with a fine selection of beers. The bedroom was well appointed and the bathroom first class although compact. The Stables Restaurant was cosy the menu was varied and reasonably priced. Breakfast is taken in the main part of the hotel the cooked breakfast is not for the fainthearted very filling and very enjoyable with great views from the window tables. The hotel is next door to the Beamish Open Air Museum which is a gentle walk away. Situated equal distance between Newcastle & Durham plenty of variety for all. We will definitely return for a couple of nights next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel Durham