Stayed over for the bonfire special - the hotel regularly holds bonfire nights on the grounds of the hotel. The room itself was huge - it was a listed hotel, so yes, the decor was fine...but really impressed with the size of the room and best of all, was the nice big sized tub in the bathroom - really enjoyed the time in the bubbling jacuzzi!!
The restaurant was fine - as expected it was busy as lots of people came around for the bonfire. The food itself was tasty, but maybe a touch more expensive than we expected.
The bonfire event itself was really good - our son enjoyed and kept talking about it for a few days afterwards.
All in all, would highly recommend a stay here.
PS: The only problem was that the mobile reception was really rubbish - so, a stay here would probably be best for when you don't want to be disturbed by office/work phone calls etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel Durham