We enjoyed a nights stay here and whilst it wasn't faultless, this place is about as close as you will get. The room was great, the food sublime - just how does the kitchen get Yorkshire pudding so big? - and the whole atmosphere really relaxing.
The staff are all really nice, happy and friendly and you get the feeling they are not just 'going through the motions'.
If there is one thing that typifies the hotel it is a wonderful lady who serves tea and breakfast in the Eden Room. Her name is Val and nothing seems to be a problem/hassle for her and she has a great line in conversation/information. She should be treasured by the hotel, what a great advert....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Superbreak UK, HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel Durham