We took my parents for afternoon tea in the Eden Room. The choice and quality of the food was excellent, and as there was so much we were offered a bag for the cakes we couldn't manage to eat. The waitresses were very polite and chatty, the room itself was bright and clean and tea is served at a dinner table which may seem an odd thing to point out but we have been to several other places where it is served in a lounge on low tables seated on sofas which is quite awkward to eat at in comfort. The whole atmosphere was very relaxed and not at all stuffy with music playing in the background. Excellent value for money and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel Durham