“Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beamish
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just had afternoon tea here to celebrate my Father's 82nd birthday and have to say I was well impressed! Firstly the staff were lovely, nothing was a trouble to them including unlimited tea and coffee top ups! The food was delicious and very pleantiful, resulting in the obligatory bags to transport everything home!! The setting of this Hotel is lovely, spacious parkland that is a pleasure to walk around and ample parking. So yes I would definatly recommend here for a lovely afternoon and can safely say,"we'll be back"!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Samab_11
Beamish1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Samab_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent afternoon tea with us, its great to see that it was a pleasant experience.

We hope to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall soon.

Chris Comerford, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sunderland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had our wedding here last year. Amazing venue, so clean and just beautiful inside and out. Service was superb, we were blown away when we saw how they served our food! Staff were ever so helpful and friendly on what has to be the most stressful day of my life. Massive thanks to everyone who lightened the stress load and the food was just delicious! Made our day and night the best we've ever had and room 102...incredible! Mr and mrs cooling xx

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MrsCooling
Dear MrsCooling,

Thank you for your great review. I am so pleased that your 'special' day was exactly that. It was good to read that we were able to reduce some of the stress and help you to enjoy the day and that the food and service you received was excellent. I do hope that you will be able to enjoy a return visit, maybe your wedding anniversary, where we would be more than happy to look after you.

Lytham St. Annes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights in July. Hotel in great location for visit to Beamish Museum. Lovely setting in parkland. Spacious and spotlessly clean room in gorgeous country house hotel. Excellent breakfasts and good meals too in the Stables Bar/Restaurant. Staff first class. Would return in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Wickedshoes
Dear Wickedshoes,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It really makes our day when we read that our guests have had a great stay with us. We do hope you will return soon.

Devon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Having stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and enjoyed the experience.(see my previous report.) My wife and I were pleased to find that the rooms and service had not deteriorated. However, the same could not be said of the catering. Our first evening we visited the Stables restaurant for dinner. Besides the awful 'musak' being played loudly, we had a very poor meal. On asked if everything was 'alright', we explained that the pasta dish was inedible, due to being like rubber. The French fries on the other dish had been standing for quite some time before being reheated. In fairness to the Chef, he waived the cost of the dishes. Next morning, we went to the dining room for breakfast, my wife tried a croissant, which could have been yesterday's or even from the day before. Again, left on the plate. My English breakfast, which contained items I specifically asked not to be included, were. Plus, the bacon whilst nicely cooked on one side, had an overlapping raw piece on the underneath!
We stayed for four nights but found excellent meals at other establishments not far from the hotel. Please Beamish, get back to your normal standard, otherwise we shall stay at one of the other establishments that we found!

2 Thank Bigaldevon
Dear Bigaldevon,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and I'm happy to learn that your stay was enjoyable. We at the hotel take great pride in the service we offer and always try to maintain the highest standards and therefore very much appreciate all guest feedback.

I am sorry that you felt our food offering in the Stables and at breakfast was not up to our usual standard. Please accept my apologies, I have passed on your comments to the breakfast team and the Stables and am confident that the issues you encountered will not be repeated.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,
Chris Comeford, General Manager.
Milton Keynes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is beautiful, the staff are polite courteous and helpful, however I was asleep earlier and I am now in the reception area at 02:29 because of the sheer noise. There is a reception of some sort and the corridor outside my room is resonant every fifteen minutes or so with progressively louder staggering arguing drunks. Dont stay here on business, unless you care to spent the night in the reception area typing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Beamish1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear John M,

I am sorry to learn that you stay with us has been anything less than perfect, please accept my apologies. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, that is what allows us to identify any issues and work to constantly improve our service. Let me assure you that I will pass on your comments to all team members involved and ensure they are actioned upon.

We had a wedding reception on the night you stayed with us and although we allocated you room 211 away from the reception it seems that some guests were passing your room through the corridor at regular intervals throughout the night. I can only apologies for the inconvenience and have spoken to the night team regarding this.

I do hope that you will re consider using the hotel when next in the area.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here on a summer sunday and had a superb time. The grounds and building are beautiful and well maintained. The reception and public areas are impressive, clean and similarly kept to a high standard. Our room was excellent, good size with really nice antique wardrobe drawers and sideboard that all matched with the bed. The bathroom was very impressive with a double jacuzi bath and a seperate shower.
The staff were all helpful and polite.
My only criticism of this place is that the restaurant is not as good as the rest of the hotel.
In that it is in an adjacent converted stables, it offers what can only be described as honest pub fare - chips with everything or a sunday roast.
A fairly unique point though is the micro brewery housed next to the bar where they brew an impressive range of ales - I tried a couple and each was flavoursome and fresh. The beer is better than the food to be honest.

Room Tip: Ours number 4 was good
1 Thank Bob B
Beamish1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Bob B,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel and taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your liking, in particular our micro brewery.

I have noted your comments regarding the restaurant, we do offer restaurant style dishes as well as more simple food to cater for hotel guests and the local community. Our menu on Sunday is smaller version of our normal offering to incorporate our very popular Sunday lunch trade.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,
Chris Comerford, General Manager.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was a gift and we had no preconceived ideas as to what to expect but we were not disappointed (mostly). Stunning building in a wide, open manicured parkland landscape - certainly had the WOW factor. Reception hall impressive as were the efficient and friendly staff. First disappointment was the room (Rm 201) - it was clean and well decorated with typical 18th C type furniture and paintings but it was very small and with views over the roof rather than the parkland. Second disappointment was the bed - comfortable but with a headboard and a footboard and my feet were either pressed against it or hanging out the side - I choose the latter - bed's too small Best Western...but there again as the room was too small you couldn't get a bigger bed in! On to positives - pre-dinner drinks in the sunlit Stables courtyard brilliant and the food inside was excellent - genuinely first rate! Wide range of breakfasts available cooked to order. No issues when booking out, all correct as to be expected. Would I return - yes but not to that room - far to small and the really disappointing view.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 201 unless it is really cheap!
1 Thank PaulBYorkshire
Beamish1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear PaulBYorkshire,

I am sorry that room 201 did not meet your expectations. We do offer 3 grades of room, classic (201), deluxe and premier. The classic rooms are standard and the deluxe and premier offer a larger space. Unfortunately not all rooms come with a view of the grounds.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards, (GM name), General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beamish
Beamish Park Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 20 in Gateshead
BEST WESTERN Walworth Castle Hotel
BEST WESTERN Whitworth Hall Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!