A short break and this hotel made an ideal location. Not only a hotel but a venue in its own right. A great house with quite a lot of interesting history and the hotel makes the most of this without losing any of the charm.
The accommodation is very good and while using furniture and furnishings in keeping with the house it still provides every modern facility.
The staff here were superb, it is impossible to highlight any exceptional staff members as all were exceptional, reception staff were always very helpful and very friendly without being familiar. The staff serving breakfast were first class and a credit to themselves and the hotel.
The grounds were themselves a feature, extensive and well maintained with plenty of interest as is the house itself.
All in all this was first rate and all involved deserve the credit for a great hotel in a building that must present many challenges as well as opportunities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel Durham