“SPOILT HOLIDAY”

Atlantic Bays Holiday Park
Reviewed 11 August 2014

stayed at this site a few weeks ago booked for 3 nights left after 2 nights pitch were were put by the entrance road to the site and also next to a main road this was very noisey late at night were we experianced cars racing up and down and no sign of night security so we did not sleep at all well if at all ! the bar was poor but we heard they have plans for a new one much needed my son and his fiance were staying in there tent next to us but had booked for the whole week but they to gave in early and came home after they heard noises coming fron a van that had just pulled up outside there tent aprox 4 in the morning there were comings and goings from this van both my son and finace were to frightend to get out of there tent to see what was going on! again no security was evident all of us would not stay there again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank steven b

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the site in a tourer. Warm welcome at reception and shown to our pitch. Shower/toilet blocks were kept very clean and the whole site is very tidy albeit basic. There is a conservatory bar on site and the clubhouse is being refurbished. The site was perfect for our needs, as a base for exploring and so the lack of pool, clubhouse etc was not an issue for us. A lovely stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DevonMermaid2014
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a great holiday in Cornwall when staying at Atlantic Bay's holiday park. When we first arrived at the camp-site we had a lovely welcome from the lady at the reception and then we were taken to our pitch by her husband on the push bike. The facilities on camp-site are cleaned and well maintained to the highest possible standard - (showers and toilets immaculately cleaned with cleaners cleaning them at 11 O'clock at night. ) The bar is a nice place to go to chill out for a few drinks situated nicely next to the child's play park insuring parents know where there kids are. Not much to do on camp-site for children though and would be nice to see club house open. Another shower block would be nice as well as there is 2 main touring field and only one shower. Be nice if there was toilets in the bar / games room area otherwise you have to use the trailer ones. Showers nice and hot. Hot water at every hand washing basin - hand dryers not powerful enough!!! There was a few problems with the showers when we were on the site. They were closed as they had some maintenance issues but this didn't really bother us - they were not closed for long. Nice shop and cleverly designed reception area so if the shop was closed from outside you could walk through reception which i thought was good! Over all a good holiday if you want a quiet stay!!!!! :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights with my little boy. Upon arrival I was shown to my pitch and offered the services of a warden should I need any help putting my tent up. We stayed near the park which turned out to be very handy for my little boy. Fantastic huge field for camping in and the bonus of sheltered space for cooking if needed. So the park...........lovely although whoever decided to use shredded up tyres as the base......thanks very much my son was constantly filthy! Lovely enclosed park next to the bar too! Ah yes the bar! Really disappointed by the lack of entertainment (bingo on Tuesday, quiz on Thursday) that's your lot! Yes there is a 2p machine for the kids (rubbish prizes even for these machines) Would of been nice to of had other entertainment during the week. Only opened up at 6.30......even on rubbish weather days! Toilets for the bar were portakabin types just outside...........lovely to get to in the rain! The main shower block was big with plenty of showers, sinks and toilets. So the showers......FREE....yes FREE to use although the fact that they last for no more than 15 seconds was a bit annoying. I also felt they were on the warm side of uncomfortable before sunburn..........now imagine that with sunburn on your back! Personally I like a cool shower and as my son was in with me this was too hot for him! The shop is well stocked and often open beyond when they say although no gas for camping stoves! Whilst I like the site and the space for my son to run around in....for me a holiday is when for at least one day I can leave the car behind! This wasn't possible here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 129natashap129
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We were saved by this site having to book last minute. We weren't expecting such a lovely place. The accommodation is first class and whilst there not too much to do on site yet, they are developing all the time with a new clubhouse being refurbished which would make a big difference.

It's quiet, clean, within easy reach of all attractions, towns, the staff are the friendliest you'll ever meet. There's a range of lodges, chalets or camping to suit your needs and if you're stuck just give them a call and they will help.

I've marked as very good because of no clubhouse during our stay but I'm sure we will try to come back and would recommend to anyone wishing to visit Cornwall.

Thank you for a brilliant week.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Blackers66
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned from a week at Atlantic Bays. I would recommend it as a base for visiting Cornwall. Very helpful staff. Chalet was immaculate. Outside on site was spotless. Even had a peak at the camping facilities and they were spotless. Will be returning next year for a longer visit as we still have lots to see.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank compasscarol
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the larger chalets as a family of four and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The site itself is very clean and well maintained! The chalet was also very clean and had modern decor with great facilities! Would 100% recommend to anyone!

Stayed: April 2014
#3 of 14 in St Merryn
Meadow Lakes Holiday Park
Meadow Lakes Holiday Park
#10 of 37 in St Austell

Been to Atlantic Bays Holiday Park? Share your experiences!