“Coasteering in Harlyn”
Review of Harlyn Surf School

Harlyn Surf School
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in St Merryn
More attraction details
Owner description: Watersports centre based on the stunning north cornish coast at award winning Harlyn bay. Specialising in surfing, stand up paddleboarding, coasteering and sit on top kayaking tours as well as instructor training and lifesaving/first aid courses
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were a group of 5 girls of mixed ages and fitness. The Harlyn team couldn't have been nicer! From checking us in, getting our wetsuits and safety gear sorted to the guys who took us out for the trip. They really made us feel comfortable. Such friendly people, obviously really happy in what they do and keen to share the pleasures of the coastline with us all.
Highly recommend the activity, it's safe, but you can challenge yourself and it's great fun. We all really enjoyed it and will come back. Thanks.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Bought my partner a red letter day for Xmas 2012. Unfortunately the first time we visited in July 2013 there was no surf so they have us a voucher to return within a year. Went back today for our surf lesson and I was a bit apprehensive. However it was a really brilliant experience. The instructors are helpful and really looked after us, the equipment and facilities were also very good. A great introduction to surfing and I'd definitely do it again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

As a complete beginner to surfing, I didn't know what to expect.
There were just 3 of us on the lesson I attended, so I got lots of attention from the instructor, Emma, who was brilliant!
She was careful to see what my weaknesses were, and worked with me to improve, and eventually get me standing (just about!) on the board.
It was an exhausting 2 hours but I could go at my own pace, and stopped in between to get some pictures too while I regained some energy!
I'd definitely do this again. In fact I wish I was in Cornwall for longer so that I could try out my new-found surf skills!
The beach isn't huge and very nice with clean sand, and it's not too commercial - there's one shop that sells beach balls, buckets, frisbees etc. and a coffee shop in a van. There are toilets nearby and a car park (for a flat fee of £4 for the day).
I'd definitely return and take another class here!

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great introductory session to paddle boarding. Extremely friendly and helpfully instructor who was positive and encouraging thought!!

Well worth choosing this school!!

1  Thank Clayton1251
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great beach, great location, amazing instructors - fantastic chances to paddlebaord, kayak, surf and more

2  Thank buggirl04