“MEDIUM”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Neuss
Reviewed 23 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Reviewed 19 May 2014

It took me 30 minutes for checking out in the morning. No other guest before myself. The lady at reception took the phone twice while processing my check-out, without any excuse. I do not understand why there was only one staff at reception at 7:30 AM, busy morning time for business people.

I had to pay first the amount what she said, before seeing an invoice. Before she charge onto my credit card, I asked to show me the invoice. But she said it was not possible, and that the hotel do not show the invoice till the payment is made. I found a mistake when checking the invoice only after my payment.

I was paying for two rooms (two guests). We had three breakfasts to pay, but she charged four. I asked a correction, then she deducted all the breakfasts. I insisted to pay for three breakfasts, which she didn't seem to undersatnd my comment, but credited 4 breakfasts on my credit card.

During the whole process, she did not apologize any for the mistake and the delay.

I do not want to have free breakfasts by somebody's mistake, but want to stay at a hotel with good service policy and procedure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive criticism. Because of your openness we have the possibility to steady increase our service quality.

Of course we want to offer our guests a special service. Unfortunately, we have not succeeded at your last residence. Today we would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay in our house. What has happened does not meet our claim and our standards.

In order to guarantee consistent service at our reception, we have the aspects you mention internally discussed intensively with the affected employee. Because of these incidents, we are now very concerned to avoid such situations in the future.

Dear Guest, unfortunately, we can not undo the incident, but we want to convince you during your next stay at Mercure Hotel Dusseldorf Neuss of the opposite and want to offer our usual standards.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel.

With kind regards
The team of Mercure Hotel Düsseldorf Neuss

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights during an exhibition at Dusseldorf, along with many team members. It is a value for money kind of place.
The breakfast had a reasonably good variety and quality (although there are no live counters), the room was functional (decent size, comfortable bed) and the wifi was quick and effective.
Late one night, I ordered apple strudel with ice cream which was below par, creating concerns about the restaurant / room service but I had dinner at their restaurant on the last day which was excellent!
I missed having a mini fridge in the room. I also missed having a good quality shampoo in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review.
With large joy we noticed that your stay was to your satisfaction.
We only have Minibars in our BUSINESS KATEGORIE ROOMS.
They will cost € 15,- per day more and you have free use of minibar and free use of coffee & tea facilities in the room.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel !

Team Mercure Düsseldorf Neuss

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The property is not Mercury standards. This is an old building with staines in the carpet and old glass doors.
I also had the unfortunate situation to stay in a smoking room which stinked. Luckily I left the window open the all day and the next night was ok. This could have been done by the hotel before...
The people at reception were pretty rude. I waited 50 minutes for a taxi due to a tradeshow. IT was disorganized and I had to complain because they gave my taxi to somebody else. Mr. F at reception was rude and was not capable to manage the situation.

Overall I wlll never go here again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Torino74
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Torino74,

first we want to thank you for your open words and for taking the time to write down your experience about your stay in our hotel.
Because of the booking situation we had no NON Smoking rooms available on your arrival date. We offered you to change in the evening from your second day on a NON Smoking room but unfortunately you didn´t asked to do this when you came back to the hotel at this day.
Now we save in your profile that you prefer a NON Smoking room.
We are sorry that you made these experience during your stay and we can understand your anger.

Despite of your experience about our hotel we are looking forward to may welcome you again at our hotel.

Your Team from Mercure Hotel Düsseldorf Neuss

Reviewed 14 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Reviewed 11 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I sayed here for 2 nights with my colleagues, and had two dinners and two breakfasts. Today I am in Ibis in Austria, and this Ibis does much better job than Mercure Dueseldorf-Neuss so far.
Cons: Building is so out-dated, no airconditioning control (at least I could not find one), flies in the room (even in winter?!), over-priced drinks and foods.
Pros: Wifi, rather helpful reception people

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AlJones236
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear guest,

first we want to thank you for your open words.
We regret that you couldn´t enjoy your stay in our hotel.
We are sorry that you made these experiences during your stay and we can understand your anger.
Your points of critism are very important because now it is possible for us to improve ourselves.
You can be sure that we are going to talk with the appropriate departments to find a solution.