“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Neuss
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is located in a wooded area just by the motorway. It is a nice hotel but the pool is outdoors. When I stayed in August the pool water was cold and not very clean. The fitness room is useless. Finding the main entrance to the hotel can be difficult as it is at the end of a lane that is not very clearly signposted. There is a gas station and a large supermarket within a few minutes walking distance. There were also plenty of parking spaces available when we there

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Jason,

thank you for your review.
We noticed that your stay was to your satisfaction.

Come back again soon !

Your Mercure Düsseldorf Neuss Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed for three nights.
The room:- Ours was ok. I was very surprised the hotel did not have any Air Conditioning (AC). It smelt of stale and dust and the bed sheets were not changed throughout our stay. Our double bed had two single blankets??

Other service:-
*Due to no AC, we then asked the reception for ice on the first day and this was not a problem. The second day we asked the restaurant staff member Amir, and he was just extremely rude to me, my Fiance was not happy with that at all. We complained to the manager and she was very helpful and apologetic.
*On a separate time we asked for a bowl and spoons, and received a plate.
*One day room service did not give us new towels.

Conclusion:- It was an ‘ok’ hotel, however, I would never return here again and would not recommend it either. This hotel needs a lot of improvements, especially on cleanliness and customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for your constructive criticism. Because of your openness we have the possibility to steady increase our service quality.

What has happened does not meet our claim and our standards.

In order to guarantee consistent quality of rooms and the friendliness of our team, we have the aspects you mention internally discussed intensively. Because of these incidents, we are now very concerned to avoid such situations in the future.

Dear guests, unfortunately, we can not undo the incident, but we want to convince you during your next stay at Mercure Hotel Dusseldorf Neuss of the opposite and want to offer our usual standards.

To book a room you can contact us by calling 02131/138-0 or by E-mail: info.neu01@grandcityhotels.com.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel.

Your Mercure Düsseldorf Neuss Team

Travellers are raving about these Neuss hotels

Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 24 July 2014

No words can explain how we where treated from the moment we stepped into the hotel.
I'll jump over the episodes about the very unfriendly woman at the from desk and tell about the shocking experience when we kindly requested some bed sheets, pillows, etc for the kids. We booked a room for 2 kids and two adults for my bonus points collected.
The lady at the front desk raised her voice and said that we would have to wait until the next day, because the people from house keeping had gone home. I asked her if she was serious?!? She again told me that it was not her job to provide us with these things.
I went down to the reception and YES.... I was a bit upset.
We had a loud discussion and she once again let me know that she couldn't care less.

After 30 minutes she brought us some pillows etc and said that we could put on the covers on our own !!!

Earlier the same day, another woman at the reception also talked very rude to us, because we asked for a couple of towels, as there were only two small towels for four people, in the room. When she asked for the room number, I said ; "I think it's 215 "(example), as I pulled out the key from my pocket. Very rude and sarcastic, she said; "you think?!?"

We came as a quite happy family starting our summer holidays there and I must say, That I have never had such an experience in any of the hundreds of hotels I have been in before.
I travel a lot and have always enjoyed the Accor group hotels. This week we are at a Novotel in Paris and really enjoying the 6 nights here.
My company has 47000 employees and we travel a lot. In the south of Germany, we have many factories and we always try to use a Mercure hotel, because they treat us very nice.
Too bad that a single VERY bad experience can ruin so much!

• Stayed July 2014
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear guests,

first of all we want to excuse us for these things you explained and for your bad experience in our hotel. We always strive to offer our guests a pleasant stay and a courteous and friendly service. So we really regret, that we couldn’t achieved this with you and your family.

We know, that no word could undo your experiences and could change your opinion.

But please accept our honest apology.
We are going to clarify the situation and talk to the two front offices clerks. Their behavior wasn’t acceptable and you are justified with your complaint. We are thankful for your open words, because just now, we have the opportunity to refine ourselves.

Now, we can only promise to improve ourselves, our service that such things couldn’t happen again.

We wish you and your family just the best and remain with kind regards from Neuss.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It took me 30 minutes for checking out in the morning. No other guest before myself. The lady at reception took the phone twice while processing my check-out, without any excuse. I do not understand why there was only one staff at reception at 7:30 AM, busy morning time for business people.

I had to pay first the amount what she said, before seeing an invoice. Before she charge onto my credit card, I asked to show me the invoice. But she said it was not possible, and that the hotel do not show the invoice till the payment is made. I found a mistake when checking the invoice only after my payment.

I was paying for two rooms (two guests). We had three breakfasts to pay, but she charged four. I asked a correction, then she deducted all the breakfasts. I insisted to pay for three breakfasts, which she didn't seem to undersatnd my comment, but credited 4 breakfasts on my credit card.

During the whole process, she did not apologize any for the mistake and the delay.

I do not want to have free breakfasts by somebody's mistake, but want to stay at a hotel with good service policy and procedure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Of course we want to offer our guests a special service. Unfortunately, we have not succeeded at your last residence. Today we would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay in our house. What has happened does not meet our claim and our standards.

In order to guarantee consistent service at our reception, we have the aspects you mention internally discussed intensively with the affected employee. Because of these incidents, we are now very concerned to avoid such situations in the future.

Dear Guest, unfortunately, we can not undo the incident, but we want to convince you during your next stay at Mercure Hotel Dusseldorf Neuss of the opposite and want to offer our usual standards.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel.

With kind regards
The team of Mercure Hotel Düsseldorf Neuss
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights during an exhibition at Dusseldorf, along with many team members. It is a value for money kind of place.
The breakfast had a reasonably good variety and quality (although there are no live counters), the room was functional (decent size, comfortable bed) and the wifi was quick and effective.
Late one night, I ordered apple strudel with ice cream which was below par, creating concerns about the restaurant / room service but I had dinner at their restaurant on the last day which was excellent!
I missed having a mini fridge in the room. I also missed having a good quality shampoo in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review.
With large joy we noticed that your stay was to your satisfaction.
We only have Minibars in our BUSINESS KATEGORIE ROOMS.
They will cost € 15,- per day more and you have free use of minibar and free use of coffee & tea facilities in the room.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel !

Team Mercure Düsseldorf Neuss
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The property is not Mercury standards. This is an old building with staines in the carpet and old glass doors.
I also had the unfortunate situation to stay in a smoking room which stinked. Luckily I left the window open the all day and the next night was ok. This could have been done by the hotel before...
The people at reception were pretty rude. I waited 50 minutes for a taxi due to a tradeshow. IT was disorganized and I had to complain because they gave my taxi to somebody else. Mr. F at reception was rude and was not capable to manage the situation.

Overall I wlll never go here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Torino74
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Torino74,

first we want to thank you for your open words and for taking the time to write down your experience about your stay in our hotel.
Because of the booking situation we had no NON Smoking rooms available on your arrival date. We offered you to change in the evening from your second day on a NON Smoking room but unfortunately you didn´t asked to do this when you came back to the hotel at this day.
Now we save in your profile that you prefer a NON Smoking room.
We are sorry that you made these experience during your stay and we can understand your anger.

Despite of your experience about our hotel we are looking forward to may welcome you again at our hotel.

Your Team from Mercure Hotel Düsseldorf Neuss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuss
Swissotel Dusseldorf/Neuss
ibis Styles Dusseldorf-Neuss
Holiday Inn Dusseldorf - Hafen
Holiday Inn Dusseldorf - Hafen
#16 of 237 in Dusseldorf

Been to Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss? Share your experiences!