“Awful!”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sindelfingen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

First night when I reached there I was given the keys to check-in at 1:00 PM after 15 hours of flying time. I was happy get an early check-in. However when I opened the door to my room it was smoking/really smelly and dirty carpet and a little whole including joke of a mattress which they called bed!!!

I went back to the reception - HE was the rudest person and told me that I was at fault for not specifying - I told him your webs-site did not specify and in USA it is given it will non-smoking unless you request smoking! anyhow he told me nothing can be done today as there is big group and he cant change my room. I was so tired to accommodate for one night as they wont give my money back and I was too tired. I slept on the floor as the mattress sucked - there were renovations going on in next room - they were drilling at 9:30 at night - seriously!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sobia2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a 1 night stopover on route to our main holiday. We were allowed to check in late as reception is 24 hour which was very handy as we were held up in road works. The rooms were modern and smart. The bathrooms were good with hand soap and shower gel dispensers. The beds were very comfortable. There was bottled water and glasses and a tray with everything for making tea and coffee. The breakfast was lovely, my husband is a bit of a full English type of man and even he didn't grumble as they had scrambled egg with cheese which was very nice, boiled eggs and hot German sausages so he was happy, there was the usual continental style breakfast things and cereals. We have 3 children and this hotel was great value for money for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Good value. Out of the way but not a problem if driving to it. They actually had a kettle in room and tea and coffee, so many hotels do not these days, it was a nice touch. I would stay again. Dog was happy.
Nice touches, good magnifying mirror and hairdryer in bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay in this hotel or not, based on other reviews, but I thought that since it's close to the train station, I can always catch a train to someplace else if I needed to "get away."
If your need a place to sleep, eat breakfast, and catch up on emails, then this hotel will be just fine for you. It is a 3 minute walk to the train station.

While its true that you can't have lunch or dinner in the hotel restaurant (only open for breakfast), there's another hotel just a block away that has a restaurant, and 2 blocks away is a very nice Italian restaurant. There's a nice bakery also in that area. Downtown Sindelfingen is about a mile away - very walkable, even in the winter. Walk a mile in the opposite direction, and you'll find more restaurants and small shops. It's true that there isn't much around this hotel itself, but despite what other reviews say, there ARE restaurants within a few blocks.

If you are going on a food adventure, and need 5 restaurants within 3 blocks - this isn't the place for you. If you need a place to sleep, surf the internet, and don't require a wide variety of foodstuffs, then this place will do just fine.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Kranenburg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews here at TripAdvisor... :-(

Let's start with the area it is situated in: the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. If you, like me, want to walk to a nearby decent restaurant for dinner, good luck! And then I'm not talking about the fact that this part of town looks kind of iffy...

The hotel itself is not the most recent and it shows. The reception area is dark and uninviting.
That by itself would not have been so bad, but the minimum I expect from a hotel room is that it is clean and well maintained.
I know that others reviewers claim to have positive experiences, so I added a few snapshots of what I found in the room: 1. torn curtain, 2. big stains in the lace curtains and last but not least undefined stuff in the bathroom which does not belong there.

Then the free internet: that was a farce; the speed was below 250 kilobit/s. It was too slow to properly process email and do things for work.

All in all an experience I wouldn't like to repeat.

UPDATE: When I wanted to finalize this review the internet connection was severed, even though I have a 24 hour pass... Fortunately TripAdvisor saved a draft so I could finish where I was kicked out.

Room Tip: Go someplace else or, if you have to stay here, ask for a room away from the motorway.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Sindelfingen hotels

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during our trip to Sindelfingen and Metzingen. The rooms are clean, quiet, decent size for 2 people. With our deal from online booking, we had internet and breakfast complimentary. Breakfast was very decent and the hotel staff was friendly. It is in a good location close to malls, city centre, and highway. In the end, good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tap123
Gloucestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We booked this hotel through Avios because our flight arrived early evening in Stuttgart and we didn't want to travel far or stay in the city. It was easy to find, about 20 minutes' drive from the airport, and much less expensive than other options. We had a quiet, very comfortable room and an excellent breakfast, with a great choice.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful, directing us to an excellent Italian restaurant for dinner a short walk away through the residential area.

Room Tip: We had asked for quiet room on the booking, and got one on the 3rd floor. It was dead quiet, even th...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sindelfingen
Mercure Hotel Stuttgart Sindelfingen an der Messe
Hotel Erikson
#6 of 19 in Sindelfingen
Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen
Mercure Hotel Stuttgart Boeblingen

Been to Nordic Hotel Stuttgart-Sindelfingen? Share your experiences!