“FANTASTIC!!!”

Mercedes-Benz Factory Plant Tour
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a short visit to Germany and was lucky enough to have an extra day to pop down to Stuttgart to visit the Mercedes museum, Mercedes factory, Porsche museum and Porsche factory (can you tell yet that I really like cars?). I didn't have much time but I managed to do all that inside of 24 hours thanks to an evening tour of the Mercedes factory (Google: The Star in the Evening) that is once a month from 6-8PM. Extremely impressive factory tour. Particularly noteworthy were the massive metal presses for forming car chassis that I was told sit on concrete 30 meters thick (the footing is 100 FEET deep)!! Everything about this place is amazing not least of which is the obvious pride of the workers. Don't miss this if you're in Stuttgart.

1  Thank Michael F
"well worth the effort"
"train station"
"take pictures"

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

These are the words of my wife AND daughter after taking the tour. Great video intro. Fantastic female tour guide. Loved seeing the robots do their thing and the logistical feat needed to produce such a car. Precise engineering was evident and admired along the way. Good food at the restaurant. Very impressive campus where 30k employees work each day. If you can swing it and get the tix early, definitely do!

2  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is an incredible insight into the world's most advanced and longest operating automoblie manufacturer. I was more and more amazed at every turn.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I took a tour with my parents. To be honest I wasn't really excited at first. We had to go through a lot of effort to get on a tour (book super early, or have friends high in the food chain at the company) and I figured once you saw one car factory you sorta saw them all. My husband and father on the other hand were wired with excitement. Turned out they were right. Everything from the guide to the factory itself were top-notch... Just like you'd expect from the Mercedes brand. On top of that, the onsite restaurant at the visitors center was really spectacular. It was a fantastic way to spend a day... And probably the reasons my parents ended up with a new Mercedes just a few months later!

One piece of advice... There is a lot of traffic between the plant and the museum in the city. If you're trying to do both (and I think you should) leave yourself enough time.

1  Thank ArianeRose
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We toured the factory as part of our delivery of our American-spec E class coupe.
The factory is amazing. Highly robotized and very clean. They deliver over 300 cars per day on average here. Most are to EU residents, but some are bound for the USA.
The restaurant was very nice and also has patio seating when the weather permits.
The European delivery worked very smooth. MB put us up in the Graf Zeppelin hotel and provided a cab to the Factory. We toured in the car for about 2 weeks and then dropped it in Amsterdam. 6 weeks to the day, the car was at our dealership in the midwest. The only downside to any of this is the expense of driving in Europe. Gas is currently about $10 a gallon, and the toll roads are not cheap. Overall a great experience. MB says over 70% of their European delivery customers are repeat customers.

13  Thank ChefJeffTravels