“Faultless food and service here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bauers Restaurant im Hotel Moseltor

Bauers Restaurant im Hotel Moseltor
Cuisines: German
London
“Faultless food and service here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

This is a most pleasant upmarket restaurant. Service is highly professional while losing nothing in welcoming friendliness. There are various dinner menus on offer and you can decide how many courses to have. My main course was duck and it was excellent as were the starter, soup and dessert.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank IanCLondon

St. Louis, Missouri
“Best High End Restaurant in Traben-Trarbach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

I had heard that Bauers was the must eat at restaurant in Traben-Trarbach. We ate at Cavillere, Claus Feist, and Bauers while in Traben-Trarbach. Bauers was the best and surprisingly the least expensive of the three. Bauers is very much a family affair with a mother, brother and sister taking a very hands on approach to your meal.

Inga Bauer (the chef's sister) was the hostess and server. She was a floorshow unto herself. She spoke English fluently and was very entertaining while making recommendations for wine and menu selections.

We were offered a complimentary bottle of sparkling water with the Art Nouveau label. When I lamented the lack of a salad on the starter menu, Inga had one made for me! I enjoyed a lamb dish rolled in herbs with a light red sauce complimented by green beans bundled with smoked ham and the lightest, creamest duchess potatoes you have ever had in your life. For dessert Inga recommended a Reisling pudding. I was hesitant. She pleaded that I trust her. I did and it was wonderful!

My wife had the cream celery and apple soup with a fish entree, asparagas and plain boiled potatoes. I do not know what they did to those boiled potatoes, but they did not taste or look like the ones we make at home. It was as if they had been marinated in butter before being boiled and they melted in your mouth.

We went back to Bauers for my birthday (it was the only high end restaurant we visited twice) and it was even better than before. Inga had a different off menu dessert made for us after learning we were celebrating my birthday!!

If you only eat at one restaurant in Traben-Trarbach, eat at Bauers! My compliments to the entire Bauer family!!!

7 Thank Scott077