“Very good service, very good food”
Review of Restaurant Defne

Restaurant Defne
Ranked #35 of 293 Restaurants in Konstanz
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I dropped into Restaurant Delfe for lunch. They offer a large selection of lunch special priced at €5.90 (not starting at €5.90), from pizza, pasta to various noodle dishes and Borek. I opted for the Firinda Makarna off the regular menu, which is a noodle dish with beef, spinach, cheese, onions and cream smothered with cheese and sprinkled with cilantro then baked in the oven. My waitress pointed out that the same dish is available as a lunch special and comes with a salad for €5.90. So I ordered this with a beverage.

The Turkish salad arrived and consisted of lettuce, oil, tomato, olive, feta and a hot green pepper and a fresh, hot and large piece of bread with toasted sesame seeds. The salad and bread was a great starter. The baked noodle dish was garnished with a hot green pepper and tomato. I thoroughly enjoyed this meal.

The service was very good and friendly. The staff checked in with me several times during my visit which was much appreciated. The restaurant opens for lunch at 11.30 and there is a busy flow of business for dine-in as well as take out as soon as the restaurant opened. Customers consisted of blue/white collar workers as well as students and mature adults, so an excellent mix of clientele.

The restaurant has a bit of dark interior with dark wood and red padded booths or chairs. The ceiling was decorated with strips of fabric hanging down in celebration of Fasching (the fifth season). The restrooms were clean.

I had a very good dining experience here and would visit again and I would certainly recommend for others to visit.

1  Thank FormerCaliBoy

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Best to book a table as we saw plenty of people arriving and not getting in. Restaurant was packed on the two evenings we ate there. Food was super Turkish cuisine, really enjoyed Turkish Wok. Very reasonable. No English menu although waiting staff did their best to translate. A slight delay in getting the food although well worth the wait!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

My husband and I went here after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. The staff were lovely and even thought they were run off their feet the waitress sat with us and helped us choose form the German menu. Our meal was delicious and not at all expensive. There was a warm welcome and a great atmosphere. We had a lovely evening here. It was very busy with locals and it was a Monday evening so it might be a good idea to book to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank Carol56
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Defne is a fabulous little restaurant serving Turkish food. We have eaten here many times and it is always on our "to do" list when visiting Konstanz (Constance), Germany.
It really does not matter what you choose from the menu, it is always good. Our favorites include the Sac (Turkish Wok!) and the Döner Borek (special Turkish prepared meat filled into a dough)!
The staff and owners are fantastic and friendly!
If you go to Constance, do not miss an opportunity to eat at Defne!

2  Thank Blitzpacker
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Authentic Turkish cuisine with great variety, absolutely delicious great value for money (we paid 40,- € for three persons including a shared starter and a main course + two drinks for everyone of us), cordial & attentive Service.
Absolutely recommended