“Fresh Sushi, limited variety, rude service”

SUSHI-BAR Tatsumi Osamu Yamashita
Ranked #2 of 293 Restaurants in Konstanz
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We came here with my family of 5 without a reservation. They basically laughed at us--so we ended up ordering take out. I must say, they weren't the most friendly about it and in fact were sure to charge us for the extra ginger after spending quite a lot in sushi (seemed ridiculous but whatever). The sushi was fresh, but the menu was very limited and not what I am used to--as far as different types of fishes or rolls. But overall it was a yummy meal, which we ate as a picnic on the water of Konstanz.

2  Thank DCTravelers69

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We've been to this sushi bar after a friend's recommendation. We ordered an Hokkaido, which is a mixture of sushis for 33 euros where two people can eat. We went at 5pm, right when it opened, as we didn't reserve. They kindly allowed us to sit at a table but advised that in one hour they had the next reservation for that table. Food was great: although I'm not a sushi expert, I did recognise that the Nigirizushi was one of the best I've ever eaten, it tasted very fresh. What I didn't like was the waitress that was between "neutral" and unfriendly (although another waiter was very kind, but he didn't attend us), and the fact that they completely forgot about our order and didn't apologize. We were the first ones to order and after 40 mins, when everybody else was eating, another waitress came to us asking if we had already made an order... a silent drama followed between the two waitresses and we realized they had forgotted our order. Then they quickly served us, but didn't apologize for the delay. Price was not that high, I was expecting to spend more. Atmosphere is very nice and japanese-like, considering that they are in an old former typically German country-house.

1  Thank Lerital80
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Being very sceptic when it comes to eating ethnic food (raw) outside of the country of origin I must say that traveling 45 minutes by car and enjoying dinner there is worth the effort. Price to quality is great. The only thing I did not appreciate was the dressing on the Otoshi which I knew from back when I was living in Japan (supermarket quality) unless the head chef made it taste exactly the same. My wife had the nigiri sushi and said the rice was a bit too hard for her taste where I had the sashimi and the quality of the fish was excellent. I hope it will stay that way.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I can truly recommend this sushi bar which is almost (near and comparable) to the sushi bars in Japan which is outside of Japan…Sushi-sama is a Japanese and i really adored that there's a cctv where you can watch how he makes the art of sushi with such precision and grace..(how i adore the Japanese culture)..the ambiance truly reminded me of Japan..pretty darn busy so you really need to be patient for everything…but the food is totally awesome and authentic (outside of Japan)…you need to make reservation

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I was recommended here from my Swiss colleague. As I had worked in Jeju, a lovely island of Korea and also one year in Japan, Switzerland made me more sea(food)sick than homesick. As I was warned, small restaurant was extremely croweded on Saturday night. Since I went alone, and had sent an email asking for a seat (I was desperate), I could sit on a bar/kitchen stool. Best!
About Sushi others already mentioned so I would add just one more sentence. It didn't disappoint Jeju/Yokohama taste. Moreover, with a bit of German touch! - Don't expect the same quantity in Japan ;)
What's beyond expectation was their liquor selection. I'm a big fan of Japanese Syochu -not Sake- but it's almost impossible to find good Syochu out of Japan. Tatsumi didn't only have one but had Shiso-syochu, rare item even in Japan. It was amazing! Sake choice was also not boring like other Japanese restaurants.
Even if you're alone, don't be shy to visit. You can more easily take seat, enjoy two three choices without exploding stomach. They didn't even need to say typical Japanese greeting in restaurant to customers - we will wait you to come back- bcoz everyone was promising to come back in advance :)

1  Thank KW B