“Amazing breakfast, friendly staff & nice rooms”
Review of Hotel Petershof

Hotel Petershof
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Konstanz
Washington DC
“Amazing breakfast, friendly staff & nice rooms”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This hotel was within walking distance of TWO train stations: a 25 minutes walk to Konstanz Hauptbahnhof and a 10 minute walk to Konstanz-Petershausen, which is one stop away and on the line that goes to Singen. The breakfast, which was FREE was amazing. I've never seen so much choice! My room was clean and quiet. It was not a big room, but perfectly fine was one person. It is true that there is no lift, so you had to heft your baggage up the stairs. But a nice young lady helped me. I do not speak German well, and when I struggled, they immediately found someone to help. The best part was when I needed to have my reservations printed out. A nice young man who spoke English well did it for me, and it was FREE!!
My only complaint about the hotel is that there is no mini-market nearby for you to stock up on drinks and snacks. The hotel does provide a well-stocked mini-bar. But of course, it costs you. My bill for 4 nights came to 26 euros, because the weather was warm and I was thirsty! This is NOT a cheap hotel. My room must have cost me around $120/night. But I thought it was worth it. I should note that I came by train and left by train, so I didn't have any experiences with parking a car there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back. Mine was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed for only one night here and paid much too much! The hotel is well situated - close to the touristic sites, in an old building, which can be nice but there are lots of steep stairs and no elevator, so I guess not everyone could easily get to their rooms. Staff is not really friendly - some of them do not understand even simple English and though we understand German, they did not seem to be willing to help. We paid extra for parking space but were told there is no parking for the hotel guests! What's even more surprising, after driving few meters to find any parking, we noticed a place with signs saying "Parking for Petershof hotel guests"!
We were given a room that is in another building (more stairs), next to some kitchen facilities, and it looked like it had been an apartment before - not at all convenient! It was clean and bright but all seemed odd, visibly adapted from something else - this does not help you relax in that place.
Internet was free but of course no reception in our room. The computer in the lobby did not work. And it's not a cheap hotel! At least the breakfast was included. All in all - I must admit that I spent the money badly.

Room Tip: Do not take the room no. 45
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JulkaR

Travellers are raving about these Konstanz hotels