“Better with German Speakers”

Ristorante Pinocchio
Ranked #12 of 280 Restaurants in Konstanz
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Better with German Speakers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've been twice to Pinocchio's and it was much better with German speakers who could help with the menu (no english version available). My first time I ordered the familiar Italian dishes that I recognized now wanting the wait staff to bring me through everything. With German speakers, it was clear I did not order their specialties. My second visit was quite a bit better.

Visited July 2014

Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan
“Delicious food,good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant while I was staying in Switzerland.
Nice and lovely atmosphere,pretty delicious Italian food.
Located down town.

• Visited March 2014
Winterthur
“Above average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Nice restaurant in downtown Konstanz. Good food and very good meat. Considering tease and Italian restaurant in Germany is certainly above average. My fiorentina was very good, but indeed quite expensive. So this was competent but slow. Most people were ordering by the menu. Wine is okay and prices average. Going all it deserves a "recommended".

Visited September 2013
London
“Day trip from Munich / more than average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Came down for the night and used TA for a bit of Italian. The staff spoke English and they had a menu in English as well. Easy walk from the town center / good Saturday crowd mostly locals. Nice wine list and the food was above average.

• Visited April 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great food, excellent waiter Antonio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stopped in at Ristorante Pinocchio for lunch. I was greeted very friendly upon entering and given a choice of where I would like to be seated, though most tables had a reserved sign posed. There is a seating area at the entrance, another in the center of the restaurant and then another slightly more private seating area in the rear of the restaurant. A patio seating area is located in the rear courtyard. The staff was speaking mostly Italian and German.

My waiter, Antonio, seated me and offered me the daily menu specials in addition to the regular menu, which offers pasta, fish and meat specialties. Also offered on the menu is an extensive choice of wines The daily special started at around 7€ which included a choice of soup or salad. I selected the lasagna from the regular menu 9.90€ and a beverage. A basket of bread and bread sticks along with garlic butter was brought out before the meal.

It was a very good portion of lasagna and it was delicious. I can’t mention enough about the friendliness and professionalism of my waiter, Antonio. He checked in with me several times during my meal and afterwards inquired if I would like a dessert.

The restroom were very clean.

This was an all around great dining experience and the staff really know how to take care of you unlike the terrible service I received while dining at a ‘higher’ rated restaurant in Konstanz (Ristorante da Guiseppe) that could just not compare.

Highly recommend!