“Fantastic! ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Backpackers Bamberg

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bamberg
Backpackers Bamberg
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Fantastic! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hostel for 3 nights during a backpacking trip through Germany. It was a great experience! The rooms and bathrooms are clean, the staff is very friendly, and they provide free towels. The common area and terrace were a nice place for breakfast and it was easy to buy groceries to make your own meals. I would most definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here as part of a one month trip around Germany, and loved every minute of my stay in Bamberg. The city itself is one of the most attractive places I've ever been, and the hostel is perfectly situated for you to explore it. 5 minute walk from the train station and 10 minutes through nice streets to the old town. When I first arrived at about 11am there was nobody at reception and I had to wait for 20 minutes to check in. Maps etc had to be asked for, but I had a room to myself which made up for that. The rooms were clean and practical, the beds comfortable and the kitchen/common areas well thought out. There's a balcony next to the kitchen for outside sitting and smoking. I'll definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Bamberg.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Alex_Spain2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Making reservations from the States can be a little nerve racking, but I had no problems whatsoever setting up my reservations here. We were in Germany/France for 16 days and Backpackers Bamberg had one of the largest rooms in which we stayed during our trip. Lilly who responds to reservations was very helpful in responding to my emails and showing us places to visit once we arrived. When I get to go back to Bamberg, I will be staying here again. Thank you for a great memory.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan S
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

This hostel impressed me! It was cleaner and nicer than some of the hotels I stayed in on my trip! My husband and I stayed here one night. We had a room to ourselves. There are shared bathrooms, but they are separated by gender. Washers and dryers are available for 1.50 euro per use. This was great for us, but be prepared... the dryer takes three hours to dry one load. No, I am not exaggerating. The bathrooms were fine, but of course I wore flip flops in the shower. I can't bring myself to go barefoot in shared facilities. The room was nicely decorated with a whimsical forest theme, but it was not overly childish. A hairdryer is available to borrow for free, and there is free wifi. There is also a kitchen, and the coffee, tea, and cereal is free.

Room Tip: When you email to make a reservation, just tell them what kind of accommodations you need- whether y...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachelCS
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hostel is one of the best I've been to. The rooms are nice and although its by no means a party hostel (I mean you don't exactly come to Bamberg to party) there is a friendly atmosphere and the kitchen area is a nice place to meet people. I would highly recommend this place.

One thing: the floors are a laminated plywood so I'd wear shoes or socks around to avoid the small chance of a splinter...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dales9077
Wurzburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

This hostel is 5 minutes away from the central railway station, but after 10 minutes walking you're already in the old city. The rooms are large, nicely decorated and have large windows. The ambient is calm, the personal is friendly, beds are confortable, clean sheets, clean bathroom, a very well equiped kitchen is available for guests, free internet access and no breakfast, but you can drink coffee, tea, milk and eat cereal as much as you want. I loved everything about this hostel and I recommend it to anyone considering a stay in Bamberg.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Starla1979
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hostel is close to the train station, which is handy. We informed the hostel we'd be there at 7, as did another traveler, but no one had showed up an hour later. We called them, and they showed up within a minute - apparently they live right next door and hadn't checked! The room was big and fairly clean, but had a terrible mildew smell that seeped into my clothes. I think ours was the only one that smelled like that, for some reason. The kitchen/living area was nice, and they have washing machines. Decent hostel (especially for the price) if you can stomach the issues.

Room Tip: Number 7 was our smelly room!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple