Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$103
View deal
PricelineUS$103
eDreamsUS$103
Agoda.comUS$103
TripadvisorUS$103
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
All reviews breakfast was excellent no lift perfect location centre town parking bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We have for many years stopped in Bayreuth when passing through Europe by car. This year we did change to Bamberg. What a pleasant surprise. Hotel Europe is very centrally located, have a large modern garage below, nice modern rooms, nice restaurant and not the least a terrific breakfast. I would like to rate the breakfast to one of the best I have ever had in a hotel anywhere in the world. So we will surely be back!

Room tip: Back side is quieter, but not much traffic in the area at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Decided by chance to stop off in B1amburg on way to Berlin. So pleased we did.
The Europa is ideally situated near the centre of the city. Just step outside, walk over the bridge and you are there.
Staff very friendly and helpful and, as you would expect, everything was clean and tidy.
The only problem was finding the underground car park. You are given an address on Untere Konigstrasse. It is a one way street. As you go along look for a sign on the left saying Europa parking.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Husband and I were to stay for 2 nights but our plans changed suddenly. Michael at the desk was most helpful on the phone, assuring me he would waive the cancellation fee in the interest of good customer service. We very appreciative of his consideration. Room was small but comfortable and very clean and quiet. We looked over their cute courtyard which lent a real 'authentic ' old world feel. Windows were sound proof. I imagine room could get very warm if weather warmer as there was no aircon ,but we were fine on a 20 degree day. Very close to beautiful bridge that leads into the modern town, and the gorgeous old town is easy walking distance also. Train station also just a 10 min walk, so hotel in great location even tho street front is not overly appealing. Wifi also good.
Parking is great at just 8 euros a day, and breakfast buffet was excellent at just 9 euros a person.
Overall lovely hotel for the price, and Bamberg is well worth a visit for a couple of days on your travel... Just NOT on a Sunday because the whole centre is closed!

1  Thank Marianne V
Reviewed 25 March 2016

All of the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. Easy to find and park the car. Nice sized room. Clean with lovely bathroom. Excellent breakfast with many choices. Son was especially pleased that they had sausages and bacon. For me, suffering from lymphodema, the mattress was too hard and my legs couldn't get comfortable - the pillows were a bit too hard for my personal preference too.

Room tip: In summer I would think you would want a room at the back as with open windows the traffic would be heard.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Family owned and operated. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good also. The location is great because it's very close to shopping, sightseeing, restaurants, bars. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015