“TYPICAL AND PEACEFUL”

Price range: US$4 - US$37
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our kitchen is open all day from 11 am to 10 pm and serves Franconia regional specialties. Crispy Schauferla, pork sausages, Franconia Sauerbraten, Bamberger Krenfleisch (beef in horse-radish sauce), etc. Bamberg is famous for beer, in particular, smoke beer. We have two to try and compare. One from the brewery Special and the Schlenkerla Rauchbier . Of course we have a lager, Ungespundets (a U) and Wheat beer. The wine drinkers will also find something here. We serve wines of the Wine Cellars of Wurzburg , both by the glass , as well as Bocksbeutel.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This restaurant, inside the same name hotel surprised me. It is well located the old city of Bamberg, but it seem that many tourists or touristic groups do not know it. That means you can have a typical and delicious meal in a quiet family atmosphere. Try the Haxen and have Mahr Weisse beer. Enjoy.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Shared "1 Paar Bratwurste" and "Leberknodelsuppe" with 1/2 liter of a great draft, coffee, and a 1/2 liter of"tafelwasser" (Beer was only 40 cents more than the water. Go figure.) for 17.40. Food was good. Service was good as well.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

It has bags of atmosphere where you share your table with strangers. The food was very good and the 2-course meal with a beer only cost 15 €. I shared a table with a couple from Trier who didn’t speak English. I tried my best and we had a conversation of sorts.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stopped here for a quick light lunch at a picnic table in the beer garden. The food was tasty and the service was good.

This is not a super touristy restaurant despite its central location. I'm not even sure if they have an English version of the menu as I speak enough German to get by. Everyone else I heard sounded like a native German speaker.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Good food at reasonable prices! We stayed in the hotel one night. It is rather simple, but comfortable and very adequate.