Best Western Hotel Bamberg
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$186
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationold townmodern hotelwasher and dryergreat hotelminute walkan easy walklaundry roomfree laundryorganic supermarketthe air conditioningreception areaweekend tripwould highly recommend this hotelenglish channelsbreakfast buffetsmall bar
Reviewed 27 March 2012

It's right in the middle of Bamberg, so many key spots are within walking distance or a short taxi ride.

The hotel was extremely clean and very reasonably priced.

The hotel staff was great and spoke very good english.

Parking is extra, I think around $8 per day. It's not too expensive, but you should just be aware of the extra cost.

As long as there is availability, this is where I'll be staying whenever I go to Bamberg!

If you do stay here, I highly recommend eating at least once at the Keesman Brewery that I also reviewed. It's well worth it!

Room Tip: Never had an issue with either of the rooms I stayed in, so i couldn't really say.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Perfect location, nice rooms, AWESOME breakfast, wonderful staff, price fitting.

2  Thank CruzyII
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This hotel was excellent: friendly staff, convenient, modern, comfortable, clean and great value. The free (and good) wifi was just a small example of their approach. Bamberg was one of seven places we stayed in on our travels (Dec 2011- Jan 2012),. This hotel was easily the nicest and the best value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank SanMarco2
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We picked this hotel based on previous Trip Advisor reports and it was indeed a good choice. In fact on our 9 day rail trip over Christmas it was one of the best. When you exit the train station go straight out the door, just stay on the sidewalk to your right and you will see a sign for the hotel indicating 600 meters. It took us only 10 minutes with our two small roller board suitcases to find the hotel. It is just before the first bridge and is tucked in off the main street.
Great staff, really good breakfast and there are two computers for your use in the lobby. The rooms are in fact small so if you have lots of luggage this could be a problem but I expect you could store it somewhere in the hotel if you asked. The young lady server on the first floor breakfast room (Sarah) said it best: "we want to be the best". Well, I'd say with staff like this you will be the best for a long time and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hiplanesdrifter
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Was looking for a place that was convenient, had parking, internet and not too far from the action, along with a good price (under 100 euros) and found them all here at the BW Bamberg. The hotel is pretty new, modern and just lovely. The staff friendly and attractive (well, except for the morning phone call asking me if I was going to be departing and that it would be nice if I left since check out time was up - but I'll chalk that up to German efficiency rather than outright rudeness).

Breakfast was good and varied. I probably ate too much. The rooms were modern and very comfortable, Internet was great and the parking garage was nice too.

Easy walk to the center of town and there's a couple of places to eat nearby as well. A great place to stay and I definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo