“Excellent price/performance ratio”

Best Western Hotel Bamberg
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Bamberg
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Quite centrally located (within quick walking distance to the old city center) yet in a relatively quiet area in spite of the rather busy street passing by (100% sound proof windows). Breakfast is excellent: it is impossible for me to understand other reviewers evaluating it as "mediocre", plus, there are free croissants and coffee and lemonade during the day. Reasonable price, given the beauty of the city and centrality of the location. Well-stocked "BIO" grocery just next to the hotel. Garage in the basement. Would be my choice again.

Room Tip: Noise is not an issue: windows are 100% sound proof.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Bamberg

Reviewed 15 August 2014

the room was well equipped but way too small (there is almost no room beween the desk and the bed so that you kind have of slide when you cross the room) for the 130 euros charged. Breakfast was mediocre and overall the service was not very impressive (on check-out, the senior receptionist asked me if I was satisfied with my stay, I told her that I found that my room was too small : she very tactfully told me that next time I should choose the more pricey rooms which are bigger...I hope that this not the kind of answer they teach them in hospitality management, Anyway It reminded us of John Cleese in Fawlty Towers, so we had a laugh)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bousic
Reviewed 29 July 2014

my wife and I stayed at this hotel overnight on a tour of Germany last week .Bamberg is a lovely old city with many wonderful sites to visit. The Best Western hotel is centrally situated in the city near the river and shops . It is a modern hotel with very good facilities We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis as the hotel does not offer dinner however there are lots of good restaurants within a short walking distance . The rooms in the hotel are air conditioned which was a bonus as some of the Best Western Hotels we stayed in in other towns did not have air con .
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Bamberg area.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are probably better from a noise point of view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hamish R
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Nice modern hotel, very clean, with good sized rooms. Aircon throughout. No restaurant. Room rate included breakfast and comprised a large choice of cooked meats, cheese, fruit and breads/pastries.Eggs, bacon and sausages were also available. The hotel was busy when we were there and timing was important when descending for breakfast. Staff were all helpful, friendly, and efficient. We used the underground car park and were able to take the lift from there, directly to reception and to the floor our room was on. Great when checking in and out. There's a wonderful organic food shop attached to the same building, with a huge range of food and drink.
The hotel is located a 10/15 minute walk from the Alte Brucke right in the heart of the old town. I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again, and would happily recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJR6
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed there last december with a bunch of colleagues that had a conference in Bamberg. Since I'm from the Bamberg area myself, my own experience with hotels IN Bamberg is limited.

This Best Western is a nice place with a modern design. The rooms are clean and big enough for a night or two. I was surprised on the sound dampening quality of the windows, because I did not hear much from the downtown traffic outside.

After coming back from the diner, we stayed at the small bar in the lobby. The service was excellent and we had a good time.
Breakfast offered a good selection and was high quality. If the weather permits, try to grab a seat outside.

I was really surprised to find this quality in the service and the amenities in a US chain hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I know that travel purists say you should not stay at US chain hotels. Well, after 5 weeks of staying at small hotels I was thrilled to arrive here! All the great things listed below:

- friendly and efficient front desk
- restaurants around the corner
- laundry on site and a wash salon a minute away
- big room
- modern bathroom
- body lotion in the bathroom and a bar of soap (yes, little things that make me smile)
- soft, fluffy feather pillows
- free wifi
- great breakfast spread with fresh fruit
- free water and coffee in the lobby

A few minor things that brought it down a star:

- wifi was not fast enough to use FaceTime. I could connect, but it was really skipping.
- having to pay 8 euros extra for parking

We would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naomi E
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a larger room with seating on second floor typical hotel room from the world over but air con much appreciated in unexpected high temperatures
Reception faultless breakfast sufficient shame they don't make more use of that room in evening would be brilliant to sit out on terrace with a drink.

Only place outside is small areA and not much of a snack menu need to expand this free cd drinks and coffee all day in reception most welcome. Beat thing for travellers free washer and tumble dryer facility brilliant, also ice available all the time another bonus when temp is 34 plus degrees

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple