“The best”

Cuisines: German, Brew Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have visited several breweries/pubs during my stay in Bamberg. Surprisingly I have enjoyed the service, food and beer at Faessla Brewery the most. Their beer is not that special as Schenkerla but together with kind staff, delicious food and many stammgasts I liked it more after all. I have tried their meat plate with special dumplings called Kloss - it was awsome. We were only sad they have their special beer called Bambergator only in Autumn. So..we should be back in September to try it.

There are newer reviews for Brauereigasthof Faessla

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I have have been here several times for beer. I really enjoyed the cozy setting, great beer and sitting with locals. They have a small outdoor sitting area and a long indoor seating area. I haven't tried the food, maybe next time. I would recommend Fassla for those who want to experience a traditional German pub experience.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just what the title says. It's okay but not great. I went here for two reasons; 1. the other brauerei I wanted to eat/drink at had stopped serving food; 2. to try another brauerei in Bamberg (and because I like their gnome emblem on the labels).

Went at 1335 and easily found a shared table. Bier was okay but not great. My wife had a fish salad (battered chunks of fish like fish sticks or small fish and chips) that was good.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I went in with my mate with big hopes of Bavarian rauchbeer in my mind but was left badly disappointed. We ordered weissbeer as rauchbeer was not served at the time and got a pint of pils despite we speak pretty fluent german. There were lots of football fans as Eintracht Bamberg has a game then but still you'd expect them to at least explain what can and can not be ordered. We were actually not even allowed in but had to stay outside in standing places. Maybe they thought we were away supporters. Bad expierence.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Did stay for dinner in the restaurant and not in the Hotelrooms.Place easy to find and the 2 evenings i did dine there it was very busy. Very Bavarian style with wooden furniture over all, staff working hard and giving a good service. There is a day menucard but also a larger menucard and it does not matter from which card you order it is brought fast and it is hot and portion large and quality was very good, the food is what may be called farmers food but excelent and price are low, so you do realy get value for your money. Of course the beer was fantastic, as it is a brewery it is the house beer with several types, like pilsener, lager and dark beer all in a very high quality and again with very low prices. Will for sure dine there again and can recommend it very higly for business as well as holiday, this also is a place for families with children to dine.