“A great choice in Bamberg”
Review of Fassla Brewery

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bamberg
Fassla Brewery
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Bamberg
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This brewery hotel is situated just outside the old tow a walkable 5 minute stroll. But it really is a great place to stay we had a terrific room on the corner (ask for 206) airy and spacious with a sofa as well to relax on after a day sight seeing in Bamberg. Comfortable bed and clean modern bathroom. The breakfast was ample the usual German affair with cheese cold meat boiled eggs plus the usual cornflakes as well. The staff are friendly and you can relax in the bar after a hard days sightseeing. In a brewery 350 years old there is no elevator and no wifi. One other point when you call be prepared to speak German as the lady who might answer the phone does not speak English. If you have a car they will let you park in the brewery car park for 3 euros a day which is good because parking in Bamberg is tight and the car park will set you back 16 euros a day But over all what a great place to stay and a bargain at 65 euros for a double room with breakfast

Room Tip: Room 206 on the corner is a good bet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul_In_Basel

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Rooms are clean and quiet, bathrooms functional and great staff. Fassla is a great place to stay as it's on top of a brewery and good food is always served. The breakfast is good and the staff easy going.

Noise on the road may keep you awake after closing time. But considering its a central location and opposite another brewery it's quite understandable and not noticeable if you keep the windows shut.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank louise-lou
Reviewed 22 January 2013

First and foremost, I have to mention how much of a challenge it was for us to find this place by car... We must have driven close to 2 hours in circles, having to avoid construction and getting to the appropriate street, going in the appropriate direction... this is not the hotel's fault of course.

It took us so long to find that we missed the restaurant's last service... so we walked down the street a little and found a great little Italian place that served great food and had a hilarious waiter that was quite accommodating considering the late hour. Once having returned from dinner, we did try out some of the beer a the Brauerei.

The rooms were simple, appeared clean, nothing special but OK.
Breakfast was included and was good. Typically German with meats, bread and cheese, some hard-boiled eggs, etc.

Just as a warning, the stairs are winding and narrow so we don't recommend trying to get strollers up there...

Not sure how I feel about returning unless we are on a really tight budget...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My brother and I just returned in September from a cross Europe trek. I must mention that Fassla Brewery/Restaurant/Hotel was a major bright spot. So unusual for a very German experience. Fassla is first and formost a brewery, making good German beer. Second of all, the restaurant is mind blowing, if you like pork done perfectly, and some tasty potato balls that when covered with the super gravy are shockingly good. And last of all they have some rooms that are nice, clean, adequate for comfort, and oddly laid out making for an interesting room search after a couple of beers and combined with no elevator. I read another reviewer complain that he was rudly treated on his phone call to the front desk for a reservation. They have no front desk, IT'S A BREWERY! The receptionist is the bartender or a waitress and our experience was memorable and quaint. Fassla is not a lovey dovey Marriott experience, it is just plain fun and was a special treat. There are many more "high end" hotel options in Bamberg, but Fassla was such a great "experience", and I suspect that if you are traveling to Bamberg it is part of a wonderful German experience you're after. And all that for 70 euros is well worth it.

Room Tip: Remember there is no elevator, the first floor is a busy restaurant with a brewery so be aware that...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JimTeal
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I just got off the phone after having the strangest conversation with "the reception" at the hotel. First off, I'm pretty sure the receptionist was actually the bartender. I started by asking if we could speak in English, and he simply said "No, sorry, aufwiederhoren!" and went to hang up on me! I quickly switched to German, and asked for availability for tonight. He grudgingly stayed on the phone, and asked if I wanted a single or a double. I asked if he had any 'comfort rooms' left which had been recommended by other TA reviewers...he then said "Nein, haben wir nicht, aufwiederhoren!" (no, we don't have them, goodbye!) and went to hang up again! I then said, okay, we'd take a regular double...and sounding very fed up with me, he then told my that, sorry, they had no rooms available tonight at all. It sounded more like he meant, no rooms left for ME tonight...so I asked him why he'd asked if we wanted a single or a double to begin with, and he said he'd made a mistake and then said goodbye and hung up on me.

It was so rude and strange, I felt I needed to post something here. Really, really, really weird guy...and the whole time it sounded like a busy bar in the background, which I assume is why he wanted me off the phone quickly...I suppose so he could keep serving drinks, but I really have no idea.

To be clear, I never visited the hotel, and can't comment on it. This review really only pertains to the extraordinarily poor booking process I just experienced.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chris_Sandeman
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

We had a very nice stay. The rooms are clean, good. breakfast, nice service, and best off all: we stayed at a brewery.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank pingrid
Reviewed 1 April 2012

excellent location , short case , drag from the station , sits oppositethe other excellent brewery , speziall...

from here short walk to town centre , over the bridge , photographers paradise , the river the dom ,,,,wonderful

the square has its share of restaurants , one maybe full , try the other five or six ....

train runs to wurzburg and nuremburg...this place centre of breweries universe ...

Room Tip: once you've had six rauchbiers you don't care ....?
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends