“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fassla Brewery

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bamberg
Fassla Brewery
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Bamberg
Ottawa, Canada
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2006

My wife and I stayed for one night in July 2006.
OK, the bar itself is a little cramped, a bit smoky, and doesn't attract the most highly educated clientele.
But our room was great! Huge, clean, quiet, and very inexpensive.
My wife and I even stopped in for a beer one night, and I have to say, it was excellent. We even bought two souvenir glasses.
This isn't the best place you'll ever stay in, but it certainly won't be the worst.

• Liked — Big room
  • Disliked — Staff wasn't that helpful
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the beer
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Finbar_x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bath
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2006

This is a brewery with an attached Gasthof/hotel. We were on a cycling holiday along the river Main and this was one of the few places which still had vacancies and room for our bikes. The rooms themselves were ok and very reasonably priced.

It was strange though to be "greeted" by a large group of bald Neo Nazis with Springerstiefel (military-type boots favoured by young fascists) and extremely aggressive T-shirt inscriptions sitting noisily at a table right next to the front door. When we left later to visit the town one greeted us with "Sieg Heil". None of the staff or other guests seemed to mind these brain-dead freaks, so I assume they must have thought that sort of behaviour is all right. I tried to enter into a conversation with one who was advocating "rape and pillage" on his T-shirt (I was brought up in southern Germany and could therefore pass for a local), but discussion was not his strong point.

The whole restaurant/Gasthaus area was extremely smoky, so I forewent the pleasure of eating or drinking there, and cannot comment on their home-brew or food - but this is a common feature in German eateries. The news of the harmful effects of tobacco does not quite seem to have spread to the provinces.

The woman at the reception was grumpy and unhelpful. When I asked for a map of the town (while she was slowly eating a large plateful of something appetising) she gave me a look as if I had just asked her whether I can sleep with her daughter. A map? Preposterous.

But let this not put you off visiting Bamberg which is one of the most beautiful towns along the river Main and in Franken. But this Nazi-infested Gasthof ruined it for me.

6 Thank OwnerAthole