“Charming hotel in the heart of the town”
Review of Hotel Weierich

and 1 more site!
Hotel Weierich
Ranked #2 of 13 Bamberg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We got a taxi from the train station as it was pouring rain and it cost about 7 euros. Even in the rain the hotel and old town looked lovely and we were not to be disappointed.

The hotel itself is charming with lots of nik naks in reception and on the landings. The member of staff who greeted us in reception was very friendly and spoke very good English. We were assigned to a room on the 2nd floor but there was no lift. It wasn't a problem for us but accessibility to the upper floors could be tricky for some. The room itself was spotless, roomy and very functional. There is no mini-bar but there was an honesty fridge downstairs - a beer cost 1 euro only - bargain! We also had a lovely view onto a cobbled street...the window box was full of lovely flowers, even in October!

As for breakfast, I am afraid we cannot comment as we just popped over to the bakery across the road and bought some tasty rolls, croissants etc. At 5 euros pp, the breakfast at the hotel sounds like good value though.

I thought the hotel extremely good value at around 60GBP per night for a double room.

Bamberg itself is amazing.....so incredibly beautiful...the shops had lovely autumnal displays, and many people had pumpkins outside their homes....lots of sights to see, and many breweries and restaurants to try. We went to 9 out of 10 breweries and each had its own character and great beer. If you love beer, you MUST come to Bamberg. Wine afficondos are not disappointed as there are plenty of nice Franken wines to try. Beer, wine and food is very reasonably priced.

On the way home from the hotel to the train station, we decided to walk, and it was no great effort pulling our suitcases.

I have been to Germany many, many times and Bamberg I think is the nicest place I have been to. I would love to go back and I would chose this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouiseSAbuDhabi

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel with 3 friends as part of a cycling holiday around Bavaria. As other reviewers have noted the hotel is in an excellent location in the heart of this beautiful ancient city. The interior is full of interest with an eclectic range of pictures, ornaments and other bits and bobs. On the downside our room was cramped and accessed by steep stairs. However the room was very clean, well appointed and comfortable. Reasonable breakfast, but poor coffee. Overall good value at 69 Euros for twin room and breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelboot
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This place is just great - really enjoyed it. The hotel is centrally located, the rooms were ready when we arrived; our daughter had her own room, wifi required registration - once done worked fine. The room was clean and well laid out. I really liked the room, and was comfortable. Many of the rooms are right on the road - but its not a problem after a while as its up against the padestrian area and traffic dies off quickly. Breakfast was normal for this type of establishment and if its not satisfying - there is a bakery across from the door. All in all, I enjoyed my stay; I took advantage of the honour bar (at one euro per drink regardless of what it is) when we got back after a day of touring. It's important to recognise that when I review - I focus solely upon what's within the hotels control - i.e. hot weather and traffic are not within their control. I was content with my stay and would have liked to stay a little longer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Beer_Club_for_Men
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Stayed 2 nights and loved it. The rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean, well -equipped other than lack of tea/coffee maker in the room. The Weierich has the very best location in the town - absolutely in the middle of the old town - 100m from the bridge/Rathaus and the Dom - yet not noisy. They have a traditional restaurant linked to the hotel but they seem to be run as separate entities and breakfast is not served there but in a separate breakfast room. Breakfast was very plentiful. varied and of very high quality and was an exceptionally good German-style breakfast (but that means no hot food other than hard-boiled eggs).
What really makes the difference here though is the friendliness of the staff/owners who are constantly cheerful and helpful and totally charming.
Just be aware - the stairs are quite steep half-spiral between each floor and its quite a slog to the 2nd floor rooms with baggage.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freediveuk
Reviewed 14 December 2010

This hotel is in the heart of the old town and close to everything. They do not have parking on site and the city lot we parked in cost 8 Euro for 24 hours. The lot is several blocks away, but you can park in front of hotel and drop off luggage. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Internet access is free with a password that they provide. The room was nice, clean, and quiet. They do not have an elevator so it would good to be on the first floor. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We spent one night at Hotel Weierich in Bamberg. The hotel's in a super location about 100 meters from the altes rathaus (one of Bamberg's most famous sites) and about 120 meters from some of the best local breweries and restaurants. Free parking was available about a block away under the dom and through a very small alleyway we'd never have found if the hotel receptionist hadn't literally walked me and my car there! Great personal service and we saved €5 on parking! The room (we were in 24) was large, clean, comfortable, and nice and warm with the snow falling. It's a corner room so it is quite large with three windows. We'd return here in a hearbeat. Breakfast was great with a wonderful selection.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelmeisteren
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We four beer drinkers had stayed in Bamberg once before, in a brewery, and although that was great, on this occasion we went looking for something a little more central. We happened across the Weierich here, in Tripadvisor, and decided to try it. Great decision! It is indeed central, clean, friendly, great breakfast (continental of course), room cost was brilliant.

The only thing to be aware of, I think, is that you need to check in by 5pm. Once done, the door is 24 hours with a key. Other than that, everything is as you'd expect. Although we were single blokes, there for the beer, there were plenty of couples in the hotel and they all seemed happy. I'd have no hesitation in taking my wife there.

I believe that our next trip would probably find us in that hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends