Hotel Weierich
US$187
US$66
US$64
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat locationold townfriendly hotelflights of stairsthe room was nicewalking distancerathaushearteurobeerkettle
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and found it to be adequate for our needs. Somehow we ended up getting a room that was split into 2 rooms (bedroom and bathroom) even though there were just 2 of us. It ended up turning out great since we had a lot of room to spread our 3 suitcases about. The bathrooms were very clean and the rooms were pretty quiet. Breakfast was decent---breads, meat, cheese, cereal, soft boiled eggs.

The hotel is very close to most of the attractions and several decent restaurants.

The wifi was a bit iffy. It would work in one of the bedrooms but the signal was not strong enough for the other bedroom.

I would stay in this hotel again if I ever came back to Bamberg, which I highly doubt I ever will. I found the town a bit dull.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beccal72
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife and I arrived on Sunday by train from Franfurth, it was a short 10 minute cab ride (less than 8 Euro's) to the Hotel. Our room was ready and we where well recieved by the staff. The hotel is located in the middle of the old town and there is something to see and do around every corner. We loved the location, staff, morning breakfast and overall feel of the Hotel. We plan to stay there again. It was a very pleasant stay, we where sad to leave.

Room Tip: Try the butcher shop next door and the bakery across the street, you can get great germany meats, cheese and bread for a take away lunch as you travel the town for less than 3 Euros per oerson.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sojette
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We loved this hotel. My husband, mother in law and daughter stayed here for a weekend getaway. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was large, we had one room for us and another with two single beds where our daughter slept in the crib provided by the hotel. My mother in law had a single room and was a decent size and impeccably clean. We enjoyed breakfast. Everything was perfect in our minds and the location could not be better to enjoy all the sights Bamberg has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BevinandJeff
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We rented an apartment, up the hill from the hotel. The price was excellent (45 Euro) for Bamberg and the apartment itself was excellent. I only knock the accommodation down for the location, a 10-minute walk down and then back up a steep hill. When we checked into the hotel, we had to pay a cab twice to actually get us there. Once from the train station to the hotel and again up to the apartment, too steep and far to take big luggage. It's walkable with a backpack or smaller bags. There is a neat brewery close to the apartment, up the hill. And of course, several excellent breweries down in town. We loved Bamberg, the highlight of our three week European trip. If you like beer, you'll love this town.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We got a taxi from the train station as it was pouring rain and it cost about 7 euros. Even in the rain the hotel and old town looked lovely and we were not to be disappointed.

The hotel itself is charming with lots of nik naks in reception and on the landings. The member of staff who greeted us in reception was very friendly and spoke very good English. We were assigned to a room on the 2nd floor but there was no lift. It wasn't a problem for us but accessibility to the upper floors could be tricky for some. The room itself was spotless, roomy and very functional. There is no mini-bar but there was an honesty fridge downstairs - a beer cost 1 euro only - bargain! We also had a lovely view onto a cobbled street...the window box was full of lovely flowers, even in October!

As for breakfast, I am afraid we cannot comment as we just popped over to the bakery across the road and bought some tasty rolls, croissants etc. At 5 euros pp, the breakfast at the hotel sounds like good value though.

I thought the hotel extremely good value at around 60GBP per night for a double room.

Bamberg itself is amazing.....so incredibly beautiful...the shops had lovely autumnal displays, and many people had pumpkins outside their homes....lots of sights to see, and many breweries and restaurants to try. We went to 9 out of 10 breweries and each had its own character and great beer. If you love beer, you MUST come to Bamberg. Wine afficondos are not disappointed as there are plenty of nice Franken wines to try. Beer, wine and food is very reasonably priced.

On the way home from the hotel to the train station, we decided to walk, and it was no great effort pulling our suitcases.

I have been to Germany many, many times and Bamberg I think is the nicest place I have been to. I would love to go back and I would chose this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple