“Must try the scones”
Review of Die Teegiesserei

Die Teegiesserei
Ranked #18 of 257 Restaurants in Bamberg
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped for coffee and also got some shakes (Paradise and Chocolate) which were good and scones (some pastry brought to us werm with a rich sour cream and jam). The scones were terrific! It made a great snacks. You should definitely try it if you stop here!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Eclectic furniture, like a antique store with odds and ends for chairs and tables, gives it an interesting and pleasant feel. The two servers were friendly and efficient. We sat down and ordered a Spice orange tea, the Xiocolata Azteca, hot chocolate powder hand stirred with chili. I was warned that the chili might be a bit much and if so, to let them know and they would add hot milk to dilate it. I did try at first to drink it after stirring in the spice, but OMG! So, broke down and got more milk to dilute, which the waitress offered to do again if it was still too much. I braved it through, but it was still very chili hot! I wonder if that is the usual warning for customers, or if they made it especially chili'd by mistake and were warning me. However, I enjoyed it, but won't order that again. My spouse had their Orange spice and it smelled good and actually tasted like orange in my opinion while my spouse thot it was ok, but didn't taste like orange. We both had the Cheese cake with blueberries, strawberries, and apricots. It was really good, but the cheese layer was a thin one on top with mostly fruit in the middle, which we both preferred! The prices were a bit higher for the tea, but the cheese cake was really reasonable, and in the end, with the size of the portions, the prices are fine. Great experience.
Drop in, you'll like it.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

We came here twice during our stay in Bamberg because the space is so lovely. The tea selection is overwhelming! Different coffees and other beverages are also available. The blueberry cheese cake I had on the first visit was a bit dry. The scones on the second visit were fresh and tasty but not real scones. Someone wrote that it's a place for older people. On our two visits the ages ranged from about mid-20s to mid-60s. The service was very pleasant on both visits. It's the kind of place you can sit and read and sip tea for hours (there are German newspapers and some magazines available).

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Everywhere is classic: green, black, fruity... Here I was surprised how much combinations I can have. This is amazing place, where I have vacation feeling and place for reading book with good tea! :) Very friendly, nice location, can not wait when I am again here! Want try all tea what they have!

Reviewed 22 May 2016

The atmosphere is kind of pretentious and the clientel seems to be mostly 70+.. It is also too expensive, we sat there drinking our tea hungry because we didn't want to spend too much for some dumplings... So it isn't student friendly. Otherwise the tea selection is good, location also...