“Great food & enormous portions”
Review of Zum Spital Keller

Zum Spital Keller
Ranked #38 of 130 Restaurants in Friedrichshafen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I ate here with my wife when exploring Friedrichshafen wgile travelling from Meersburg to Lindau. We came across it by accident and stopped for a drink and went back later for a meal. The food was very good. Traditional, hearty German and Austrian dishes. My wife had the schnitzel and I had (I think it was called) Spitalphandel, pork with cheesy Swabian noodles. Both were excellent. The portions were FAR too big however, 1 plate could have fed us both. Go when you're really hungry.

There's an earlier review taling about slow service, I can see how that could happen. When we were there it wasn't that busy but the staff were still tearing around trying to serve tables inside and out. I got the feeling that there wasn;t enough staff working.

All in all though, I'd recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Schnitzel and steak type menu, moderate price. Service awfully slow. It took 30 mins for one dessert, nearly an hour for the other. After waiting another half hour for the bill, left cash on table and walked out. They had been busy earlier but were not busy by dessert time.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Traditional German restaurant. The food was good presented and well prepared. All dishes that me and my colleague have tried were good (Only meat dishes), all of them came from the Bodensee tradition. Even the service was good. Price were fine for this kind of restourant and the food quantity. It could be crowdy of turist person during the high seson, but not in January as we were.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Very nice restaurant that we walked past the first time we were in town. This time a local waiter at a nearby cafe that was just closing when we arrived directed us there. Great choice. Nice atmosphere, great beer and great food at reasonable prices. We might go back but there are still others to try out. Cheers.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We were attracted to this cosy cellar by the promise of interesting local beers. We were not disappointed.

We chose food from the 'seniors menu' and enjoyed a generous and delicious serving of pork steak, Swabian noodles and gravy at a very reasonal 10 Euros.

Service was excellent with a very enthusiatic waitress.