Just returned from a week's stay at the Hotel garni Regina in Oberstdorf, Germany (Jan 2009) for a week's skiing holiday.
Hotel met our essential needs very well: large, spacious room, that was well cleaned, with en-suite bathroom.
- great central location to Oberstdorf: ~5 - 10min walk to bus station to take you to the slopes
- English language at hotel not great, but the stafff always tried their best, and pigeon English + pigeon German meant we got through okay.
- Breakfast kept us going for the majority of the day: cold, Continental-style breakfast -- cheese, meats, fruit, bread, etc.
- view: ask for room 21 and take binoculars for a view of the ski jump from your balcony
- staff very enthusiastic and couldn't do enough to help
- no bath -- not a massive impediment, but would have been good to relax in a hot bath after skiing. (NB Have been recommended that the spa in Oberstdorf is well worth a visit)
- parts of the bedroom show age -- e.g. slight scuff marks on bed, etc -- but this was not of any major concern.
- no apres ski in the hotel itself -- e.g. no bar. This was not an issue for us, but may be to other travellers.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel garni Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.