Stayed at the Premier Inn Buckhurst Hill in late July for the Olympics. It was ideal and I couldnt fault much about it at all. I'd been looking online for months at hotels East of the Olympic stadium, close to a tube station that connected to the Olympic park. Finally booked this one when prices came down at some of the Premier Inns a few weeks before the Olympics. Paid £119 for a night, which was above the usual Premier Inn price, but it was a good deal for the Olympics.
The location was great - its a fairly long walk to Buckhurst Hill tube station (took us 20 mins to walk....25 coming back as its uphill!!) but you are then straight through to the Olympic Village at Stratford in a few tube stops. The free parking was also a big factor in booking this place - we left our car while we went a day session at the Olympics and then got the tube back and picked up the car later on. You need a ticket from reception to use the car park which is issued when you check in.
THe hotel had made a real effort for the Olympics - there were flags up around the hotel, and the reception staff were making a lot of effort to chat to customers about the Olympics at check in. THe breakfast waitress from Brazil was also very frinedly and made our 5 year old fell very welcome. Sometimes Premier Inn can be a bit impersonal, but this one was very friendly and had a really nice feel to it. It was helped by the fact that most people staying were going to the Olympics and the place was really buzzing.
There's a Toby restaurant next door, but we drove to Loughton (5 minutes drive max) where there is loads of restaurants and bars. Pizza express etc.
Rooms were the usual Premier inn - clean, comfortable, no problems at all.
Overall, a really nice stay - would recommend this if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, friendly hotel, close to East London attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hit the tracks in Epping Forest or in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, both just minutes away ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Loughton Buckhurst Hill Hotel Buckhurst Hill
- Holiday Inn London
- Premier Inn London
- Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel Essex