Room was pretty much standard fayre for the chain, average size, clean and tidy and well maintained. No air con but there was a good sized fan and it gave enough air to get a good nights sleep. Parking no problem..
The staff without exception were excellent, very warm and welcoming, always had a friendly word and are a credit to the hotel.
Didn't take the breakfast as a full "all you can eat" english in the pub next door was far cheaper.
Location wise it's a 15 min walk to the tube station, that's going downhill on the way there, coming back after a day out in the hot sun and it's a hard slog! The walk takes you past the shops and the place does have a nice village feel about it. The ride into central London isn't quick, maybe 35 mins but for access to Stratford and even onwards to docklands it's quite handy.
There is a bus stop outside the hotel with a decent daytime service, it takes you to Loughton tube in 5 mins or Walthamstow in about twenty mins for the Victoria line which is then pretty quick into London.
Overall a nice hotel for the money and well worth considering if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hit the tracks in Epping Forest or in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, both just minutes away ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Loughton Buckhurst Hill Hotel Buckhurst Hill
- Holiday Inn London
- Premier Inn London
- Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel Essex