“Nice Food and Ambience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was our second visit to this nice Italian brasserie when we were in the quiet London suburb of Buckhurst. As on the previous occasion, it was a lunch we enjoyed tremendously, particularly on the sunny day in early summer when we could sit outdoor to relax in the peaceful surrounding.

We ordered the spicy chicken wing as starter which was served in very generous portion. Then we had the seafood risotto and mussels in tomato sauce as main courses. Both were authentic Italian and lived well up to our expectation.

The service and atmosphere were great: homely and accommodating. And, on a nice summer day, all these add to the delight of enjoying a good meal there.

1  Thank Cletus L

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had a lovely Sunday afternoon. As always the roast was beautiful , the staff were very welcoming and service was brilliant. Have been quite a few times on different occasions and never been disappointed . Certainly one of my favourite restaurants

2  Thank Janet R
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was actually my second visit. My first was with my Mum early this year and I thought it was really good visit with a high standard of food and service. Based on that visit I revisited with my girlfriend and was disappointed. She had a fish dish and was not that impressed with it. The sauce was heavy and the spinach side was four leaves. It looked rushed. I had high hopes my my pork chop with crackling. The pork was fine but the crackling was like chewing a tyre and was laughably inedible. It was also meant to come with a potato fondant. However it came with mash. I would have sent it back but I was to hungry and since after being served it no waiter came near us to check on the table.
So I have mixed feelings, on the food and service. The venue is clean and it is a very nice looking restaurant. It seems to get good reviews so maybe and off day. A maybe for a revisit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

i booked a table extremley last minite for about 10 people to celebrate my birthday. From the minitue I called to arrange a table the staff were very accomidating and friendly. With 20 minitues notice they manged to arrange a table. The service was brilliant, as the birthday girl I was made to feel very special. The food arrived all together, hot and very tasty. I highly reccommend this place, I am usually a fussy one but was ver much pleased with the whole service :)

1  Thank charliegirl2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Every time I visit Nuova I enjoy it more and more
The staff, including the Proprietor, always give a warm welcome
The menu is well chosen to suit all tastes and pockets and whether one chooses from the very reasonable daily menu or the relatively more expensive blackboard the service is always excellent
I love the starched table clothes and napkins
I guarantee a first visit well lead to many more
AND there is some parking