“Absolutely Fabulous”
Review of The Three Colts

The Three Colts
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
essex UK
“Absolutely Fabulous”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This pub backing onto Epping forest has recently been refurbished and renovated. The pub has a warm friendly feeling and is welcoming to all ages groups and has a lovely area out the back for children.
I have been there 3 times this week, as i am that impressed with the food and service.
On my first visit i went on a saturday with a group of girlfriends and ate in the bar. We had a selection of starters including calamari, garlic bread with cheese (the best i have ever eaten) and scallops with pancetta and pea puree. The starters were first class... we were going to order more but decided to order extra main courses instead. We had the burger which was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! the steak was perfectly cooked and i had a chicken and cous cous dish which was tasty and filling.
The pub was busy with a really nice group of people and the owner and his family were thorughouly accomodating.
As our first experience was so nice we went back the next day for a sunday roast. I took my boyfriend and children and once again - a first class experience. This time we sat in the dining room which is actually the old stable blocks and backs onto a newly landscaped garden, which the owner said will eventually have tables outside. WE were shown to out table by the maitre d' Archie (who is once of the best restaurant hosts i have encountered). The menu and specials were explaned to us and the kids were told if they wanted anything specific and they had it in the kitchen that the chef would do it - great touch !!! We had a selection of dishes including a sirloin and chicken roast which were beautifully cooked and beautifully presented. There is a super wine list and the general feel of the restaurant is buzzy. It was £12.95 for a roast which is very reasonable for the food we got.
I have since booked my baby shower in the restaurant and also made reservations for bank holiday ........
I cannot recommend this pub for its atmosphere and food enough and i suggest if you want to eat there make a reservation as when i was there other tables were prebooking for weeks ahead.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank jellyhart

Harlow, Essex
“An average back street pub”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This in a nice pub tucked away on the edge of a woodland, but it also boasts a lovely garden for a perfect summer lunch or evening drink & the staff & service is good too.

Visited August 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Superb atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Under new ownership ..and what a difference. Superb atmosphere refurbished inside and the gardens ready in about two weeks. A real jewel in Buckhurst hill ...food looked superb although we did not eat .
Staff very professional and friendly...the new owner clearly knows how to make the customer feel welcome.

..the new own

Visited March 2014
1 Thank baskervillesmith
Ilford essex
“Fantastic Family Friendly Pub/Restaurant”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We took a chance late Sunday afternoon of getting a table for two. Although extremely busy the staff managed to find us a table in the bar area as the restaurant was full. Can honestly say that the Sunday roast was the best that we have had in a long time and we have eaten at many many restaurants, compliments to the chef. The staff were all friendly and helpful! Nothing was too much trouble. We were introduced to Adam and he took the time to come over and have a chat. I've told my family they must visit, especially my daughter and 7 year old granddaughter as you can actually take your kids and not feel uncomfortable. She's taken my advice already and came in for lunch yesterday with work colleagues and said it was absolutely lovely and very good value for money. Will definitely be coming again soon but I will book next time! Brian and Lynn Griffiths

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Lynn G
London, United Kingdom
“Just amazing!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My family and I went too the colts ,after hearing the rave reviews from friends that's had been so thought we would try it out , we have lived here for 5 years now and always wished for a place like this , when we arrive the place was packed the place was buzzing we asked the bar staff if we could get a table for 5 and was told the restaurant was full , but then said let me find out if the could with in min the wonderful maître d' Archie came and told us they was full and if we could hold on 20 min he may be able to fit us in for lunch .my husband said let's go there so busy as was quiet late the 10 min later Archie had us a table for 5 wow!!!!!not only was it packed and Archie and the wonderful Angela running through with plates of fab grub through the crowds , we had the most amazing pub roast for years and the service was the cherry on the cake ,it will now be our regular family Sundays if you haven't been go!!!!!very well done to all involved as review above it sure has put the beat back into the area see u all Sunday! Jan Allan and dan and family!

• Visited March 2014