All reviewsindoor poolstar hotelfireplaceluxuryrestockedinternet
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Only the Germans know how to do christmas. With the hotel lit up like a christmas tree it looked welcoming and inviting. A champagne reception in front of an enormous open hearth fire place helps you feel special on arrival. Bags dispatched to your rooms by girls wearing traditional dress is obviously all part of the service. Rooms full of characture warmly decorated and provide with free wine beer nuts and fruit helps you settle in very easily. The hotel has an excellent restaurant and the breakfast buffet is very good with a cheery service. Value for money is outstanding. I was on a business trip but the price paid is excellent value when booking privately. Only drawback is that the internet reception is weak in parts of rhe building and telephone calls are best taken outside.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We took our two kids and two dogs to this hotel. It was wonderful, we felt right at home. Perhaps the decoration is a bit over the top. We liked the hunting theme though! But the other statues and angels were a bit too much.

Sleeping? Wow, the beds were just too good. I slept like a baby. In the morning, I just could not get out of bed.

Three restaurants which serve great foot. The sole was exceptional. Very friendly service (Eva).

Hiking was fun too. We walked an entire day without seeing anyone else. A beautiful environment.

The dogs liked the hotel too, we never felt that the dogs were not appreciated. We only once took the dogs to the restaurant, straight away the waiter asked if he could serve water for the dogs. And he brought a dog cookie.

We will return to this hotel definitely.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cldbstr
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I spent two nights at this amazing hotel. The staff exceptionally friendly and helpful , amazing breakfast with tastes for everyone, with different themes daily. A free well stocked minibar. Free use of electric bikes or mountain bikes. Lovely countryside to walk or cycle around. Free afternoon drinks savoury home made snacks and cake. A boss who obviously cares of his customers and his staff. This must be one of the best hotels I have experienced, finally as I leave I am presented with a small bottle of wine very tasty too, some water and a gift for my grandchildren. What is there not to like

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight. Upon arrival we were offered a glass of sparkling wine as well a choice of snacks and cakes. The style of the hotel is very traditional, but it's very comfortable and the staff are fantastic. Service is obviously very important to the hotel and the staff genuinely appear to be enjoying themselves.

We had a standard room which had a separate seating area with a balcony.

The bathroom was dated, but clean and the shower worked well.

There is no wifi, but it was quite nice for one night!

We enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant. Sadly the dinner was so good I struggled to enjoy the breakfast. Wow - so much choice and it all looked really fresh.

As with most relais chateaux hotels we have found it is off the beaten track. It's lovely and quiet, but it takes a bit of time to get back to a main road. Plenty of parking.

This hotel deserves to be full irrespective of the relais brand.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Zoe O
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We just spent four nights in der Jagdhof and enjoyed every minute of it. The attentive staff made us feel very welcome. The beautiful setting, great restaurant, well furnished room, great beds, but most importantly the staff all contributed to a wonderful experience. We will be sure to be back in winter because we have to see this place in the snow. Boris (our dog) also puts in five paws for excellent cookies.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple