“Very good food in very warm and nice environment”

Historischer Ratskeller
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Celle
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I liked every thing in the restaurant. Food is very good, I even had a plate of snails in this restaurant my friends had Deer steak, I went for fish and did not regret it. We had a very nice dinner in a warm and rustic environment.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Really enjoyed this, the setting in the old cellar is very atmospheric, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is great, plus they don't mind if you ask for a little variation from what is on the menu.

I agree with other reviewers that the prices are probably a little on the high side but I don't often have a chance to eat in a 14th Century restaurant, in fact this probably the first time.

I only had 2 nights in Celle and the Ratskeller was recommended by the hotel as the hotel does not serve dinner, the first night I had the lobster soup and the cod with home fries instead of steamed potatoes as it said on the menu, and the second night it was lobster soup and the filet steak. Both meals were much enjoyed.

Service was very pleasant and fast too. I highly recommend this place and hope to get the opportunity to go there some time in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This place is a little more expensive than many in Celle but it's worth it. The food is local, really tasty and well presented. The service was excellent, attentive but not excessive. The surroundings in the cellar under the town hall are great, cosy and atmospheric. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I think the best place we found in Celle during our business stay. Very good traditional food (nicely elaborated and presented), wide choice of dishes and a good service. Local itself was very nice and elegant. A little bit costly, but no more than other places from the same range. I would recommend it for sure!

1  Thank Sylwia_Barcelona
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Great atmostphere, fantastic service and very good food, all be it a little pricey. One of the better resturants in Celle. Can be busy, may need to book.

3  Thank FamilyGCLJ