“Need more improvement.”

IntercityHotel Celle
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Celle
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Was staying here for more than 2weeks. If have a choice I would not have check-in here. No complimentary wi-fi even for long stay guest. No coffee or tea and kettle in the room. Definitely do worth the price of the room. Will make my last choice the next time I am here in Celle.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of May and was pleasantly surprised. We had originally booked another hotel a 2 minute walk from here but on arrival we were told that our rooms had been flooded and we had been rebooked in the Inter-City.

On arrival. The lobby area is small but we were expected and warmly welcomed. Over the course of our stay we spoke to 3 different reception staff, all of whom spoke perfect English and were very friendly. The whole hotel is very clean and reasonably well appointed; it’s a shame that the wifi wasn’t complimentary though. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room would be an added bonus.

Breakfast was ample with a choice of eggs, cereals, rolls etc, so you won't go hungry, the hotel is also across the road from Celle old town. Here you’ll find some small shops and some lovely coffee shops to sit and watch the world go by – don’t forget your cake to go with the coffee.

A taxi form Celle station will cost around €10 inc a tip and you are well placed to catch a bus onto Bergen.

All in all a pleasant hotel that I’d be happy to stay in again….

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GazzmanP
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed 1 night here with my mother. The hotel has an elevator which was ideal! Our room was very small but had good heating, everything worked and there was a walk-in shower. The double room had individual mattresses and duvets. The staff were very friendly and spoke very good English. We arrived in Celle by train, paid about 7 euros for a taxi to the hotel.
The hotel is right on the edge of the historic district, so quite at night and perfect for exploring during the day. There were numerous cafes and restaurants nearby. I would stay here again if return to Celle in the future

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbugWimborne_UK
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I came to Celle for a conference and the organisers put up all the delegates in this hotel. It is very basic and I found the customer service wanting. The room was very small and overlooked the street; when I showed it to my friend via Facetime on my iphone, he asked if I was staying in a youth hostel. Imagine my surprise to discover a leaflet on the desk showing the other hotels in this chain which looked far nicer. Admittedly Celle is a small town and I wasn't expecting something grand and elaborate but I felt a little personality and attention to detail wouldn't go awry. The first night I almost froze to death (it was snowing outside) and I finally realised this was because the hotel hadn't turned on the heating in my room. I managed to have this turned on for the second night, thank goodness, but shouldn't heating be standard in a European hotel in the middle of winter? My main issue however was with the customer service at reception. This hotel markets itself as a business hotel, but they don't have any facilities to support this - no internet in the rooms (unless you want to pay an extortionate sum) and one solitary computer in the reception area which you have to pay to use. I was giving a paper at the conference and needed to print off my script but there was no printer. When I asked the receptionist if perhaps she might kindly print it off for me using the printer right in front of us at reception she replied that it was 'against hotel policy'. I told her I was happy to pay for this (it was only five pages) - she told me that it was impossible. Then I asked if I could speak to the manager who might have the authority to approve my request and she replied that there was no manager on duty at the hotel over the week-ends. Finally I asked her if she could recommend an internet cafe, printing shop or similar that I could use as I had to give my paper that morning and urgently needed to print it - she told me to go and have a look around the town myself! Unbelievable, I have never encountered anything like it. I found the reception desk unmanned both when I checked in and when I checked out and pretty much at all other times as well. It seems the receptionist only attends the desk if you ring the bell. The only positive to this hotel was the breakfast, which was very nice. I highly recommend the hotel train its reception staff in customer service. The taxi drivers in Celle, who were all very pleasant, could give them lessons!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Angelica K
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Our fist night of a business trip was spent in Celle in this very nice, modern hotel. We were a little too far outside of Hannover (about 40 minutes) so we had to move but...we were so fortunate that this was our first experience dealing with the German people. It is a clean, modern hotel with a great restaurant, friendly and helpful people and wonderful service and attitudes. We felt very comfortable and were in walking distance to the quaint village of Celle. Thank you! Even allowed us to cancel our two additional nights without a hassle or any problems.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Katie G
Reviewed 3 January 2013

spent 4 nights in this hotel while getting ready to move back to England, so a very stressful time made easy with the stay at this hotel. Allocated 2 rooms for a family of 4 which meant 2 bathrooms and double the space which was perfect with the amount of stuff we had. Rooms very clean and plenty of space, both had shower and toilets that were in excellent order with complimentary items. Breakfast was a continental buffet with lots of options and a hot selection of bacon,sausage & scrambled eggs and although it wasn't advertised I was able to order fried eggs. Celle town was within 5 mins walk of the front door although the only downside was a busy road out the front of the hotel with a pedestrian crossing on it. All the staff where very pleasant and helpful, You had to pay for parking but this guaranteed you a parking space at the front of the hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jakiw71
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on 4 occasions and in future I will always stay at this hotel when in the Celle region. The rooms are very clean, very comfortable and of a good size. Staff are very efficient and friendly and the breakfast is good value for money. Although there is a well used road passing at the front of the hotel I had no problems with noise because the window was well sound proofed.
The location of the hotel could not be better, it is right on the edge of the town and within 2 minutes walk of all that Celle has to offer. For dinner I would highly recommend the Blaue Engel pub/restaurant which is just around the corner. Delicious food at very good prices especially the steaks, bratkartoffellen and grune bohnen mit schinken.

Room Tip: Book Parking in advance although if none is available the multi story next door is only 8 Euro per d...