“Won't book here again.”

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Ingolstadt
Stuttgart, Germany
“Won't book here again.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked this pension for my family for two nights. The Bauer family was very accommodating with our requests for a fold-out and a baby-bed for the small ones, But, that was where my good impression of their facilities and service ended.
For a pension that seems to pride itself on their in-house sausage-making, breakfast was skimpy and once the plates of ham, salami and cold cuts were gone, there weren't any more (eggs, too).
I work from home and booked this pension over others because of their prominently-advertised wi-fi. While we stayed with them, none of our devices (including my designated work computer) were able to connect. My brother and husband, both IT professionals, spent over 90 minutes trying to troubleshoot their router and internet connection. At first, the Bauers seems genuinely interested in solving the problem, but after some time the apathy set in, and we were basically hustled away from the desk. I ended up spending a good part of my time in Ingolstadt at the Coffee Fellows, taking advantage of free wi-fi that worked.
I know that summer comes rarely to Germany, but we visited Ingolstadt over three 90 degree days (and two nights). So far as I can tell, all of the guest rooms are southwest-facing and were hot, hot, hot. No fans, no a/c, and two windows on one wall, which didn't allow for any air circulation. These were two of my worst nights of sleep ever!

And for over $150/night? I was seriously disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family