“Very good Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Erding
Turin, Italy
“Very good Hotel”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel and i recommend it. It is a good solution for who wants stay near the airport and has a tight schedule or for who wants try a solution far away to the chaos of city center. The breakfast is very well-stocked.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Erdinghotel, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Best Western Hotel Munich-Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear D79T,
thank you for your feedback. You are right, our hotel is well situated close to the airport (14km) and not far from Munich fair and Munich city.
We hope to see you again, best regards,
Jula Key and the BEST WESTERN Hotel Munich-Airport Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was supposed to be a romantic getaway for us. Turned out to be a huge disappointment instead. We had booked a romance package in a business room. Stated on the website it said the room would have a separate seating area (which by now I guess they have changed on their website since I complained, it doesn't say it anymore). A really friendly lady checked us in but the disappointment started when we went into the room. No separate seating area, stained walls, mold on the bathroom tiles. It looked cheap and old. We went to the front desk to ask about it. Talked to another lady than the one that checked us in. She insisted it was a business room. I told her we didn't like the room. She turned away and talked on the phone instead. Just left me standing there. I chatted with my husband, he then talked to the lady that checked us in. She told us we can have another room once it was cleaned. That was fine by us. We came back in the evening. Upon check in, I asked which room category it was. The answer: a standard room. I told the guy, which happened to be the front desk manager, that we had booked a business room. He said they didn't have any, they were fully booked. Then I asked him what the room was we were booked in to earlier. After he asked me for the room number, he said it was a business room. Oh and that apparently then was the only room still left in the hotel. So what? Suddenly there was a business room available? Excuses after excuses. Maybe they should get their thing right together before lying to their guests. And which hotel downgrades and doesn't even tell their guests anyway? If we hadn't asked they would have just still charged us a business room and put us in a standard room.
The front desk manager offered us to park for free then. Underground parking for 8 euro a night. Whoohoo! So 8 euro and he thought that would make it better? After quite a while of arguing they offered us a free dinner. We stayed in the standard room (which was really clean, just had a very tiny bathroom). The hotel is quite noisy, too. Dinner and breakfast were great and the lady that checked us in and out was really nice - just a few pros we have to mention.
I filled in the survey for Best Western. I got a standard reply from the the hotel. Impersonal, pre-written - the kind of "just shut up answer". We won't be back. We should have read the comments on here before and we wouldn't even have considered that hotel.
Another thing that really made us mad: staff was passing on to each other that we were somewhat problem guests. What they didn't realize, we do understand German. So maybe they shouldn't have done so in front of us.....
They ruined our romantic getaway, a weekend we have been looking forward to for years now :(

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you booked - should you consider that place.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NikkyD

Travellers are raving about these Erding hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here overnight as layover from Berlin back to the states. It was a good 20 minute ride from the hotel, wasnt told they charged for shuttle service till after they charged me and their customer service or lack of was plainly rude... wouldnt recommend under any circumstances. Had i known this i would have slept at MUC

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ucJae
Juan-les-Pins, France
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This old hotel is a good 20 minutes ride from MUC; they called it "airport hotel". I live 20 mins form an airport as well, never seen any hotel in my area be called "airport hotel", just the ones IN FRONT OF the terminal building.

Anyway I was booked there as my inbound flight to MUC was delayed and miss my connection. I got a "free dinner" voucher, but having traveled a lot, I knew what it meant: cheapest possible food in a sad buffet, so I ate at MUC airport instead. Life is too short to have bad food.

Anyway, the hotel. A shuttle -once per hour, you need to be lucky- brings you there -where there is literally middle of nowhere- in some 20 mins. Hotel is old-ish, rooms are poorly decorated, rather cold. There is no airco, just a radiator. Internet does work (yuppie!), at least. Minibar was the most ridicolous thing ever: there was a SINGLE bottle of water. Just in case you crave for a coke or a beer.

Anyway:will not be back. If my flight is canceled I will fight for another hotel. That was a joke, a bad one even.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank krotas
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here to visit the Munich Christmas markets and to visit the Erding Spa. The Hotel operates a free airport shuttle which in December 13 picked up at terminal 2 about 15 mins past hour, you go to the z area and leave where the easy jet check in area is and the stop is opposite side of the road. Takes about 30 mins or so. Hotel is not in the most glamorous of areas.

Really welcoming team. Helpful with information and spoke great English too. There is a local station (about 15min walk) that goes into the city. You can buy a return one day ticket from the little shop on the station or there is a machine. Train is about 45 mins and is number S2.

My hotel room was cosy and warm (it snowed whilst in was there and was never cold in the hotel and the restaurant got hot). Shower in the room. Bed comfortable.

Breakfast offered a huge range of cold and cooked items. Again team friendly.

I took the hotel Bavarian buffet one night and it love!y. Really tasty and good value. Also recommend the Reisling which was well priced.

Hotel was near enough to walk to the spa or they ran a shuttle in the morning.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Nottingham
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
My boyfriend and I booked to go to Munich and our flight company changed the flight home to the following day, so we had to find a place to stay for the last night. We decided to book one at the airport ready for the flight home. Big mistake booking here! It's nowhere near!
There is no direct train link from Erding to the Airport, and the options there were either a 30 euro taxi ride or a 28 euro shuttle bus. No thanks! We ended up getting on two trains, taking about 45 minutes.
On the afternoon we travelled there, we got the train to Erding, but it isn't at the stop (our fault I know), so by the time we arrived in the right part of town, we'd be travelling over an hour. It was dark, raining, and we were a bit fed up (again, not the hotels fault, I know). We then proceeded to spend the next hour in the rain looking for the hotel. Somebody on TA had said that it was really close to the station. It isn't. We walked down a dual carriageway to it, and found it on an industrial estate having used our internet phones.
Once there, we checked in, found out the price of the shuttle bus, and went to our room. Couldn't get in it. Went back to reception and she told us bluntly we were using the key wrong and that she'd told us how to use it. She hadn't.
We decided to order a couple of pizzas to our room. They had an enticing pizza menu for 9 euros each. That'll do. At this point found out we didn't have a kettle etc, but that if we rang reception we could arrange to get one. Did this and ordered these 'stone-baked pizzas'. Was told on the phone they would call when it was ready for us to collect the pizza and kettle from reception!
The call came, my boyfriend picked the pizzas up from the bar (they passed them to him over the heads of people having drinks), and then she told him there was a cupboard in the hallway where he was to pick up his "water boiler". What exactly were we paying for?!
Sleep quality was poor- could hear people banging about all night getting up for flights. I got woken at 7 by the room opposite slamming their door closed. Also, cleaner knocked and walked in at half nine. A bit early.
Avoid at all costs. I will.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anidoodle
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice and comfortable rooms, good facilities, friendly staffs, close to thermal centre, walking distance to Mcdonald. extensive breakfast.
more than what you expect from other best western hotels,
great location close to free ways and close to neighbouring town.

Room Tip: 2nd floor all the rooms are very good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business