“Nice hotel close to Therme Erding”

Hotel Am Schlossberg
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Erding
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Nice hotel close to Therme Erding”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed for one night in this hotel while on our way to Austria. We picked the hotel because of its vicinity to the Therme Erding. If you want to go there, this hotel is probably your best choice, but if you want to go into Munich itself it's pretty far away. Free parking is available.

Nice hotel, friendly staff and a big breakfast buffet. Will use again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good experience. The location is very good. It is out of Munich but within walking distance to the S-bahn. You can also take the S-bahn in the other direction and go to Erding. Erding has a lot of places to eat and is a very pretty town.
The apartments in back are bigger than the rooms in the main building.
The breakfast is very very good. Also, the Italian restaurant next door is very good.
The hotel lobby has a small bar which is a nice place for something to drink in the evening.
Overall this hotel is a good choice and a good value. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, England
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We stayed 1 night here as a stopover prior to flying the following morning. Our experience was positive, the room was fine, not large but clean and comfortable. The bed was particularly comfortable. There was a minibar and a decent TV. the bathroom was also quite small but clean and everything worked.

We wanted to go to Munich for the evening and the staff were very helpful, the hotel is a short walk from an excellent train service which allowed us to get into town easily and enjoy the Christmas markets (Recommended)

Breakfast was nothing special but perfectly OK. It is just a short drive to the airport, but beware, ifit snows the night before leave plenty of time, we didnt and the weather makes the drive to the airport a Traffic Jam. We nearly missed our flight.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a longer stay that a couple of nights because of the size of the rooms, however, for a short stay it is perfect.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2010

8 friends stayed at this place and there was one room that was so unsatisfactory that it was obvious. The hotel owner had clearly gotten so many complaints that he had a formula worked out for the discount. Our stay was so unsatisfactory that we were not okay with the pathetic 8 Euro per person in the one single room discount. The staff was completely unapologetic that our one friend had to sleep in a kinder bed. The bed was so small that you could not even push it together with the other bed. They had their set discount amount and were completely unwilling to be flexible on the matter.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Erding hotels

Reviewed 8 November 2010

We booked 4 rooms 4 weeks in advance and 1 of the rooms was clearly a single and not a double. They charged us for a double and would not lower the price. The beds were extremely small, one was even smaller than a single bed. The staff would not lower the price to a single room and insisted that it was a double room. We found the staff rude and unhelpful. I strongly recommend taking your business elsewhere. This ruined an otherwise lovely spa getaway trip.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

The breakfast was good! That's literally the only positive thing I can say about this hotel!

I went there with friends and although my room was nice enough my friends had the worst room EVER! Seriously, tehre is no way that this was a double room although apparently they've had people stay there and not complain "sometimes"! It was basically a single room (and one that I would not pay 89 Euro for at that) with a cot that the smallest person in our group could not fit in and a hair dryer that looked like a vacuum cleaner!!

So, obviously, when we saw the contradiction in rooms we called the front desk and spoke to the owner who said he would look and see if there was a way we could change rooms - I'm sorry but I used to work in a hotel and you know straight away if there is a spare room or not! Once he'd determined that there were no more rooms, we asked for a discount and he offered 10 Euro less (5 Euro per person) - insulting to anyone in this situation! when we argued this he said the most he would do is 8 Euro per person - this, according to the owner and the woman on the front desk in the morning was apparently an exceptionally good deal and they couldn't understand why we weren't happy with it!!! When you have two friends who've had the worst night's sleep of their lives, I'm sorry but 8 Euro off their bill does not seem all that exceptional! There was no sympathy from the woman at the front desk or from the owner. When we told them what we thought the room was worth paying the night for, they simply said "no, that's the best we can do". Apparently breakfast was 10Euro each so they weren't even willing to offer free breakfast for the worst night ever!! How unreasonable can you be!?

I know I've ranted quite a bit but honestly, if you want to stay in this hotel at least specifically ask to be in a good room and not room 109 or any of the others like this one!! They should not get away with charging the same rate for this room as the others!!!! As I said - the breakfast was good and the waitresses we nice!

Reviewed 8 November 2010

I DO NOT RECOMMEND STAYING IN THIS HOTEL. I got put into the hokey 'double' room as well. The staff was stubborn and not at all accommodating. You would NOT get away with their attitude or service in North America. We booked 3-4 weeks in advance for 8 people and got put into this small SINGLE bed room when we ordered a double room. It was a good thing I went with a friend of mine instead of my boyfriend because I would be incredibly mad if I was with him and got this room as it is 2 single beds (well...one is a childrens cot and one is a small twin bed which is incredibly uncomfortable). If you pay for a double room, you should get a queen size bed. Hypothetically, my boyfriend and I wouldnt have even been able to sleep together in the same bed and púshing the beds together wouldnt have worked since they are different heights. The staff even admitted that MOST of the rooms in the hotel are like this but the other women in my party got lucky that they were put in the nicer ones in the hotel. They were not very willing to lower the price. And they became quite rude to us in the morning after we tried to deal with the situation amicably the night before. I will never give my business to this hotel again and I hope you wont. I am not the type that normally complains but this was horrific service and I felt like people should know my negative experience there. They are supposed to be 4 stars, and when we asked who rated you 4 stars, the lady working told us that her boss did. What a joke! Take my word for it, dont stay here. Theres other hotels in Erding close to the Therme that have the daypass Therme card in the price as well and are still cheaper and would be a more positive experience!

• Stayed November 2010